Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP10] Error "Audio could not be started." on startup.

Solved!

[WP10] Error "Audio could not be started." on startup.

After upgrading to WP10 Insider Preview, Spotify no longer opens. It gives the message: "The audio could not be started. Please restart the application".

Tried reinstall, phone restart, etc.

I'm have a Lumia 520.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If it's any help, I managed to fix the issue by doing a soft reset of the phone.  (Hold down volume - and power button at the same time for about 10 seconds until phone resets.)

You won't lose any data, and the audio error went away!

I also uninstalled and re-installe spotify at one stage, but can't rememebr if it was installed when I did the reset, or if I re-installed after the reset.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Got the same problem, did you find a solution? 

I have the problm on the latest insider build 14393.5

Did you ever find a solution?

Same problem, Lumia 950XL on 14393.5

Same problem! PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY! paying for nada atm!

Marked as solution

If it's any help, I managed to fix the issue by doing a soft reset of the phone.  (Hold down volume - and power button at the same time for about 10 seconds until phone resets.)

You won't lose any data, and the audio error went away!

I also uninstalled and re-installe spotify at one stage, but can't rememebr if it was installed when I did the reset, or if I re-installed after the reset.

Soft re-set worked great (no re-install required).  Many thanks.

thank you for this, it did the trick just fine for me too!

So happy to have my music back!

Same issue here after installing Anniversary update. NO INSIDER! Soft-reset helps for 1 day.

Yeah, not too stable. Somehow screwed with Rhapsody (Napster) as well.

Still no fix?? Restarting everyday isnt a fix for premium service

Could not agree more – I really want to like Spotify on this device but its lack of reliability is unacceptly frustrating – looking for a more permanent fix.

Same problem here, restarting the phone helps but I hate to do it every single time so I canceled my premium subscription until it's fixed.

im sorry but, having to restart your device is not a solution. we pay monthly for a service that works 25% of the time and we are expected to reboot our phones everyday so the app will work? im using a 950xl and experience this issue on the official build and insider fast rings (14986). why is it so diffcult to patch this error? we arent asking for a re-write just a basic functioning app. im happy with a fraction of the features offered to android and iOS... i dont need them, i just want my music that im paying for. come on spotify...pitter patter.

This error appears when you don't open spotify some time after reset. If you open it after reset it opens without problem. Solution is: don't close spotify from background. I have it always open and have no problem. If you have this error you should do soft reset as other wrote.

Am still getting this error message and need to restart my phone every time I wish to use the app. Painful. Hard reset, soft reset, reinstall.. All of these only seem to work in the short term. C'mon Spotify, this is ridiculous.

I had the same problem even with build 10.0.15063.483 of Version 1703

Running on my fabulous new HP Elite x3 (Great Phone!).

I tried a soft reset and that worked. I just hope I don't have to do this every day!

Just in case nobody has reported it to Microsoft via the Insider system, I have just done it.

Cheers

Chris (Australia)

I think we don't have to worry about this anymore, since windows phones are dead 😞

I am still using it every day and not planning to get another phone for this. Maybe they can get some instructions from Microsoft, as their Groove app is fantastic!! Please fix this SH%T

well actually microsoft is killing groove and will bundle spotify with windows from now on 😛

(on the other hand eventually you will change phone and windows phones are dead, so I don't expect a fix) so long

Suggested posts