Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Fast forward and rewind functions requested

[WP8] Fast forward and rewind functions requested

Hi, for me as a musician it's absolutely crucial to be able to fastforward and fastrewind (if I use the correct words)!!!

I really hope this will be part of the final release. My friends using other phones are laughing at me:-(

10 Replies

1.) Not being able to fast forward or rewind songs is the most disturbing issue at the moment. Might not be an actual bug, but it certainly feels like it is.

2.) If I pin "Starred"-playlist to startscreen and then try start Spotify from that tile, it gets stuck on "now playing/loading...". It also stops active song if Spotify is playing in the background.

3.) Was there supposed to be a possibility to move songs up/down inside play queue?

@bergetburk wrote:

Hi, for me as a musician it's absolutely crucial to be able to fastforward and fastrewind (if I use the correct words)!!!

I really hope this will be part of the final release. My friends using other phones are laughing at me:-(

Thanks for your feedback. That's something for the Idea Exchange. If you post there you give others the chance to vote up your idea.

Community Ergo Sum

Thanks Per,

I didn't find any Idea Exchange topic initiated by Spotify, but put it in "[WP8] Improvements for the app".

Please guide me to the right place if that is not the correct way.

BR /Magnus

@bergetburk wrote:

Thanks Per,

I didn't find any Idea Exchange topic initiated by Spotify, but put it in "[WP8] Improvements for the app".

Please guide me to the right place if that is not the correct way.

BR /Magnus

You did right. It's better when each idea has its own post, so people can vote for that specific idea.

Community Ergo Sum

I'm shocked that there's no keyboard shortcut for rewind / fast forward a song, on a great app like this one. There might be some strange reason why they decided not to implement (which shouldn't  be a big deal at all) or activate it.

The WP app should get a major update ASAP. One of the features should be this! Actually, WP should have equal features then on other OS'es. It's a shame WP is left behind here. 

Wake up Spotify!

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill

Not just on windows phone, also Win7 and Win 8. a tap on the arrow left key for 3 seconds or settable seconds would be great. Also, Ctrl+left arrow for 10 or 20 seconds. This is normal functionality seen in popular players like Gom and Pot player

Hello,
The Spotify app does not have this function, but you can suggest your idea in this community.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas

Please mark as solved, thank you!

If it's not possible to accommodate new buttons to this request you could use the previous/next buttons and use the hold for fast rewind/forward. Everyone would love it. If someone doesn't like it there could be a switch off config, or a holding time activation, so someone could set 10s to start the fast rewind/forward. It could be done even in the lockscreen gadget that I use so much =D (I set a list and listen to it all day, using my phone locked most of the time). It could still be used to jump to the previous/next song when someone clicks it, and fast rewind/forward if someone holds it, just like old portable cd players 😛

02.jpg

Hi. I’m an iPhone user and have switched from podcasts to Spotify however why can you easily fast forward and rewind through songs and continuous DJ mixes for example? Using the single bar is so frustrating and not user friendly! Why don’t Spotify provide this as its so simple and effective. 

Suggested posts