Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player][Your Library] Remove bug undoing Musixmatch contributions

Solved!

[Web Player][Your Library] Remove bug undoing Musixmatch contributions

It's so insteresting to know that Spotify is already displaying lyrics, getting them from Musixmatch and being one of the audio-streaming apps to time-sync them.  I contribute to Musixmatch, adding and correcting lyrics so that they look neat and are presented as a schooled musician would appreciate them, and syncing them so that each line flashes at the right time.

I'm happy if my work gets registered on Spotify, so I read to lyrics to check the sync or for pure enjoyment.  But what really shocks me is when all my Musixmatch editions done after a certain date revert to how they were before that date.  I wonder why this is happening.  It makes me wish I started using Musixmatch a year earlier than I actually did.  My lyric transcriptions and syncs over there still appear as I intended them to be until somebody else changes them.  Musixmatch's moderator and founder is in charge of adding albums and singles to its catalog when they appear on Spotify, and splits, refreshes, and merges Musixmatch to Spotify track connections upon request on Slack.  He said that if problems like what I'm talking about now occur, the connections will somehow fix themselves, probably within a week.  However, if I wanna get my work back sooner, I make a really minor change in my Musixmatch editions by unsyncing a single line in each song and resyncing it.  The contributions that I lose to this Spotify bug span seven days leading up to when I notice the bad news, but lately, it's two weeks!  I don't want it to ever happen again!  How do we get rid of this bug?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @thristan,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like you to know that we value every piece of feedback you share with us, but in this case there's no much we can do from our end. We'd suggest you get in touch with our friends from Musixmatch to see if they have any info to share regarding what you kindly mentioned. 

We really appreciate your feedback and the time you took to write to us, we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @thristan,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like you to know that we value every piece of feedback you share with us, but in this case there's no much we can do from our end. We'd suggest you get in touch with our friends from Musixmatch to see if they have any info to share regarding what you kindly mentioned. 

We really appreciate your feedback and the time you took to write to us, we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Yeah, the Help board is more appropriate, but I wasn't able to post there because I can't find the button to "start topic".

Suggested posts