Web Player broken (Firefox and Chrome)

Solved!

Web Player broken (Firefox and Chrome)

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox 6 9 .0.2 (64-bit)

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

Playing any track from any playlist or album in the web player skips that track, plus the next four. (Chrome dev tools report a 403 from https://gew-spclient.spotify.com/widevine-license/v1/audio/license?exp= for each track)

The web player will then try and play the sixth track in the sequence but only play the first nine seconds.

Very strange! It only started happening today. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Clearing the active connections works in Chrome too.

Just go to "chrome://net-internals/#sockets" and click both of the buttons. Then reload Spotify. That worked for me.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

My Spotify is not working it is all black on my Acer Chromebook 15, and when I use the app it does the same thing. So now I have to use my phone which my phone hates Spotify altogether. It closes it when I don't want it too plus there's way too many ads on the phone than there is on the web, that's why I use the website for Spotify.

Screenshot 2019-10-10 at 4.51.59 AM.png

I have the exact same problem.

Also see the 403 on the POST, skipping first 5 songs and only playing 9 seconds of the next one.

It was skipping a few seconds whe I listening to it last night and now I have to use my phone which I hate

same here. Started happening about 40mins ago. Clearing browser's cache, history,cookies etc., restarting the computer, disabling/enabling sound device, re installing drivers do not work.

premium subscription, on windows 10, using chrome.

Spotify Web Player was skipping tracks and only playing first 9 seconds of any song in Firefox.
Clearing cache & cookies didn't work, but then I also added clear active connections and now seems to be working normally again...

Hope this helps someone

Marked as solution

Clearing the active connections works in Chrome too.

Just go to "chrome://net-internals/#sockets" and click both of the buttons. Then reload Spotify. That worked for me.

yeap worked for me too. @purdster Many thanks

Thanks. Seems to work now.

Doesn't work for me, probably because I'm on a Chromebook. No button shows up and I don't know where to look for those options in my settings. Anyone could help?

Type the URL manually instead of trying to follow the link.

Thank you, I was able to see the page and click the buttons! Sadly I still have the issue described here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Web-Player-won-t-work-on-Chrome/m-p/4... (was fixed for an hour or so and gone again).

Suggested posts