NEXT STEP

Web app not working

Web app not working

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Web app (Tried both Firefox and Chrome, latest version on Windows)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Accessing open.spotify.com gives this error "upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure, transport failure reason: delayed connect error: 111"

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

Sorry to see so many of you have been affected by this.
As @the_drizzle has noticed - it's most likely related to the browser's cached data. Could you try removing it to see if this makes a difference? Completely disabling it is also an option but that might not be necessary 🙂 

Let us know how it goes!
We'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

84 Replies

i get that whenever i try to open spotify 

same here

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure, transport failure reason: delayed connect error: 111

Just reporting the same error message as of 4:55PM MST. 

Started happening within the last couple hours.

EDIT#1:

In case it matters...

Accounts: 

Family Premium - Fails

Free Account - Fails

Browsers:

Chrome - 108.0.5359.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Brave - 1.45.133 / Chromium: 107.0.5304.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Devices:

Windows 10 Pro (Version 21H2 / Build 19044.2251)

iPhone XS (Latest iOS 16.1.1)

EDIT#2:

Appears to be working now as of 5:10PM MST (on all my devices and browsers).

Same here my computer ran the spotify website just fine then earlier today It gave me the error 111 screen, however, when I saw this  thought nothing of it and just closed out of all my tabs, reopened my browser, and loaded the website again it ran fine. I've been listening all day and then all the sudden it gave me the error again and this time it is not going away. I am very irritated as a daily web spotify user and hope to see the issue resolved soon 😕

Sounds like spotify has gone down for the moment.  

The same thing happened to me! What is this about? 

I am also getting this error now (7pm EST) and I had used it earlier today (a few hours ago).

Same here and I was literally listening to my music an hour ago.

The same it's happening to me 😞

I also just got this error.

My Question or Issue

I found some other people with this problem also and I want to know why Spotify is down. I went on Spotify at noon and this didn't happen but when I came back right now this keeps popping up and I don't know why. 

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure, transport failure reason: delayed connect error: 111

same here 😞

Same scenario here

Same here and just happened, I cannot open my Spotify in Chrome

I get this error at least once every few weeks ;-; somehow it always happens when I'm about to spend hours on an assignment but usually it doesn't last this long

Same here. I was listening to my Spotify Wrapped, the most sacred playlist of the year for Spotifiers, when the whole thing stopped. 

This just happened to me - using Chrome on a ChromeBox. I fixed it by disabling cache in the dev tools and reloading the page:

https://www.technipages.com/google-chrome-how-to-completely-disable-cache

Same here. Works on my phone but not on my desktop

I just opened up the spotify website today at 3:15, and everything seems to be working fine. I don't know what happened for the glitch to occur or how it got fixed but I'm all good now.

Hey folks!

Sorry to see so many of you have been affected by this.
As @the_drizzle has noticed - it's most likely related to the browser's cached data. Could you try removing it to see if this makes a difference? Completely disabling it is also an option but that might not be necessary 🙂 

Let us know how it goes!
We'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts