Free

Country

Chile

Device

Google Chrome

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, I see that the web player of spotify on google chrome has weird text on the sides, I guess is from the backend of the website. Perhaps it is because I have Ad Block as extension.

spotify.JPG
4 Replies

Hey @AntonioV1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We've tested this on our end, but we cannot see those texts you're mentioning. It's possible that the issue might be caused by some damaged cache stored on your browser. We'd first recommend clearing all cache from your browser and trying it in an incognito/private window.

If the issue persists, check if the browser has any pending update that could be affecting the proper behavior of the web page.

Also, in case that the issue still persists, would you mind checking on a different browser to see if it makes any difference?

Lastly, include in your next response a screenshot of the text you're seeing to continue investigating.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan:

Premium

UK

Hi @AntonioV1, 

I was just browsing the internet for a solution to the same problem when I saw you mention an Adblocker.

I too use an Ad Blocker, and when I disabled it for Spotify on the Web Player, it went back to the normal lablels.

Spotify doesn't use ads when you play, except for the free version, so I don't see any need to use the adblocker for Spotify Web Player. If the Ad Blocker you use is like mine, you should be able to toggle it for that specific website.

Hope this helps 🙂

(Though I realise you've probably solved this by now)

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Google Chrome

My Question or Issue

Looks like there is a bug with the display text for certain items in the side bar and headers of playlists, where more raw/backend names are showing instead of proper display text

Web sidebar.png
Playlist headers.png

Hi there @moellman!

As @ELK- pointed out, it's possible that this is caused by a browser extension. If you use Adblock (or something similar) try disabling it to see if that does the trick for you. Alternatively, you can disable all extensions or try with another browser.

It's also worth making sure that your browser is running the latest updates.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts