Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't people find my playlist?

Why can't people find my playlist?

No one can find my playlist without being sent a link or by going into my Spotify profile and looking at my public playlists,

You can't find it by searching for it by name. 

Do you need a premium account for people to find your playlists? 

Top Answer
Eni

Hey there @odellkevin

Thanks for getting back to us.

As mentioned previously, not all playlists show up from Search since it depends on their popularity, followers, uniqueness of the name, etc. 

Since there's no guarantee that a playlist will be found in Search, we'd recommend sharing the link following the steps we've sent previously. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

18 Replies

Hey @Hassard99, help's arrived. 

The success of finding a playlist by just typing its name depends on different factors, such as popularity, followers, amount of friends, uniqueness of the name, and how new it is. There's still no guarantee that a playlist will be found, so it's better to share it as you were already doing. Also, if the person follows you, the likelihood of the playlist being found will be greater. 

Hope that explains things 🙂

Then what's the use in making a playlist public, if no one can find it?

Hi @odellkevin,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

If you make a playlist public anyone else can listen to it and you can share it with other users following these steps.

If you have any questions or need anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

I make a playlist, make it public, tell someone about it, they go into Spotify and search for it, it doesn't exist. 

Yes, I know I can send a link, but, as I mentioned earlier, what's the use in making it public if no one can find it?

Hey there @odellkevin

Thanks for getting back to us.

As mentioned previously, not all playlists show up from Search since it depends on their popularity, followers, uniqueness of the name, etc. 

Since there's no guarantee that a playlist will be found in Search, we'd recommend sharing the link following the steps we've sent previously. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This is a very disappointing feature. I made a Public Playlist, hoping to access it from the Alexa device at work. Unfortunately, it cannot find my playlist. People use this Alexa device to play Spotify music frequently; it is connected to a Spotify account.

Hey @Charles7523,

Thanks for the reply.

As a workaround, you can share a link to the playlist with the account that the Alexa device is connected to. Following the playlist on that account should also enable Alexa to find it, once it's in that account's music library.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why not simply make it appear normally in a search? Makes no sense

This is actually a HUGE glitch in Spotify and something you should fix ASAP! Like some other person said, what´s the **bleep** point! The first Spotify-moderator didn´t even understand the frustration and gave him the automatic answer which was what he referred to with "what´s the point?"

DUH! 

If a playlist can´t be easily found buy writing in the exact name of the playlist, but instead we get bombed by 1000 other uninteresting playlists, with not even a similar name in many many instances, you have a problem. 

A search should be based on NAME before ALGORITHMS. An easy fix would be the ability to write both name of the artist/creator AND the name of the playlist in the search. That should rule out EVERY other 1000 playlists in a jiffy. You can thank me by increasing the rate of my streams. 😉

I am also experiencing the same frustrations! I made a public playlist, sent the link to my team at work, they click the link and CANNOT find the playlist. Requiring all collaborators to follow you in order to see your playlist is ridiculous and not practical. This is the first time I am trying to be collaborative with Spotify and share a playlist with my 150 person creative team and it's NOT WORKING. I've heard from some, "oh yeah Spotify doesn't make it easy to share anything"... so is this really the case, seems to be that way in my experience. I will cancel my membership if I see a scripted generic reply from anyone associated with Spotify. Can't deal with the lack of customer service seen above.

Hi @ONAIRwithDYLAN,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

In order to check this further, could you send us a screenshot or short video showing what they see when clicking on the link?

Additionally, let us know if they're accessing the link through different platforms (e.g. Desktop app, mobile app).

We'll be looking for your reply. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I'll help you guys out. I have the same Issue. Public playlists, can be found in my profile, but can't be found searching for. Here are some pics of how it looks when you're logged out or with another account (The first pic is just the playlist itself on my account).

IMG_20220708_135759.jpg
IMG_20220708_135928.jpg
IMG_20220708_140019.jpg

I agree with you. It does not make sense if others can't find it. And I guess someone from Spotify support will now write again some stupid answers repeating themselves like robots without providing useful feedback.

Oh yes, the classic copy + paste reply from some random support person at Spotify who is uninterested in helping but only closing a ticket out in Jira. Losing my patience with this experience and just want to cancel and go back to Pandora or making my own playlists on my Mac.

And here I thought it was just me. This is really a ridiculous annoyance, that I don't even think was always the case. In the past, there were more than enough times when I was able to find playlists I made just by typing the name in search. Why was this feature removed? Or suppressed? Or something???

This honestly makes NO SENSE.

AT ALL.

Plan - Free

Country - USA

Device - Desktop/ Laptop

Operating System - Win10

My Question or Issue

I made a new (my first) playlist. I want to make it public and findable.

How come I cant find my playlist in search unless logged in?

If logged in I can find it in search easily, If I am Not logged in I have looked thru 1000's of playlists but cannot find mine, even typing in exact name in the search.

also, how do I make sure it is "Public" ?

Hello Jemi

Well that is the most irritating explanation I have ever heard.

How stupid can a "search engine" get?

You shoud give a hint to Google

I mean seriously, I get really **bleep** when for example at the gym I wished to listen to my lists and NO, I can not find them with their Spotify!!

Please be reasonable, by more RAM and let people listen to their own payed music

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 13, MacBook Air

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I created a public playlist, but when I have others search for the playlist it doesn't appear in any of the search results. I have to send a direct link to it for others to see it. I believe my profile is public (though I can't find any setting for it to say one way or another). 

Please help me make this playlist public for others to see in search results!

Suggested posts