Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Music coming to Roku?

Your Music coming to Roku?

I love the new Your Music feature. But now that I've moved all my album-based playlists to Your Music, I realize I have no access to them on my Roku. Any idea when this feature is coming to the Spotify Roku channel?

thanks

ron

Avoid infestation. Rotate.
7 Replies

I haven't seen any mention of YM on partner hardware devices although it does seem a sensible move if they want to wean us off playlists.

Agree that this is a desired feature. "Your music" is a much more sensible music management approach, and I would like to be able to access this across all of the Spotify apps.

Had I known Your Music would be inaccessible via mobile, I woulddn't have converted all those playlists to albums.  Come on, Spotify, we pay for this. I love that you add fantastic featuresl But at least make them available across all platofms beofre rolling them out.

My spologiesfor any typos. I'm pretty drunk.

ron

Avoid infestation. Rotate.

I'm skeptical, considering radio never got added to libspotify and Spotify seems to be pushing Spotify Connect too.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:
I'm skeptical, considering radio never got added to libspotify and Spotify seems to be pushing Spotify Connect too.

If they want to push Spotify Connect they better make sure they actually have support of their original partner hardware devices.  It is a real shame Sonos isn't on board.  I hope Spotify realizes how important Sonos is - Sonos customers will just go to another service if they can't get the full functionality.  I have Sonos and it is definitely a bit annoying, but Spotify is unrivaled IMO on desktop and mobile so I deal with it.

I'm hoping they just haven't had the time/developer time to update libspotify for Radio/Your Music/etc because of work on other things and that they will actually come back it.  I'm not terribly confident this is the case though because Sonos had marked Spotify Radio as "Planned" but now they set it to "Not Planned" on their support site.  I am guessing Spotify told them nope, not doing it any more after originally saying they would.

I'm also waiting for this feature, but for the Sonos system.

Perhaps the topic can be changed to reflect this, that the issue affects all different third party systems?

I guess it's only an API issue. As soon as it's available to developers, there's no reason for them not to implement this.

I am new to this - very new. I signed up for Spotify via my laptop and I have Premium. Mainly, I listen to music through my stereo system via Roku. When I go to Spotify via Roku - or my cellphone - none of my "Favorites" - albums - are available - only playlists. I only seem to be able to use Premiums full features when using my laptop. Is there a fix for this? Thanks for any answers.

Suggested posts