Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Your Music" section broken on Tizen watch

"Your Music" section broken on Tizen watch

Hi,

I have a problem with the Spotify app on the Samsung Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch. When I go to the "Your Music" section, both the "Your Collection" and "Your Playlists" menus are broken. They used to show different things but they both only seem to show the same playlists now.

Only 19 playlists show up. As you scroll down another page of items loads, however it just loads the same 19 playlists again and will do so infinitely loading the same page of 19 as you scroll down. It seems the playlists shown are the first 19 you see in "Custom order" on the PC. Frustratingly, pinned playlists aren't shown at all, which is particularly irritating since those are the ones you care most about. This also means you can't play your "Liked Songs".

So in essence there are three issues here:

1) "Your Collection" only shows playlists (I assume it is meant to show e.g. songs and/or albums)

2) "Your Playlists" doesn't show pinned playlists or "Liked Songs"

3) Both only load 1 page of items

I have a Premium account and the device is a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 with Tizen software version 5.5.0.2. Unfortunately the Spotify app itself does not specify its version number anywhere (going to Settings -> Info just brings up a couple of open source licenses).

Many thanks,

Tom  

Top Answer
Maria

Hey there folks!

The right teams are aware of this app behavior, however, we're unable to provide you with a specific time-frame. We'll keep you posted here if we have any news to share.

To ensure you're running the latest app version and to get any new fixes as soon as they're released, make sure that you're keeping the app up-to-date.

Cheers!

136 Replies

Hi my names Ron 

I have a similar issue I cannot find my own playlists downloaded and non downloaded on the Spotify of my Samsung galaxy watch 3.

Can I get some recommendations on what to do.

thanks 

Previously downloaded content and personal Playlists still unavailable on my Galaxy Watch Spotify App.

I have tried (on repeated intervals) previously advised fixes, including;

- Logging out/in

- Uninstalling / re-installing

- Switching off / resetting

- Clearing cache

- ..and more

Very frustrating.

It appears this was an intentional downgrade of the functionality of Spotify on these otherwise well working watches.

The limitations render Spotify useless on my watch.

SPOTIFY PLEASE BE STRAIGHT WITH US FEE PAYING CUSTOMERS and answer the following; 

Do you have no intention of fixing this lack of functionality?

You are taking money from thousands of Premium account holders and essentially ignoring the issue.

If you fail to fix this problem, or provide an acceptable reason for the lack of functionality, I am proposing it's reasonable to demand a refund for the time period this issue has remained unresolved.

To my knowledge this is presently around 6 months - it could be more.

I am copying this post to UK Trading Standards for their opinion on this issue relating to The Consumer Rights Act 2015.

I am a very long term premium spotify user, and I am really annoyed at this change. Has rendered my smartwatch useless for the purpose of which I bought it - playing saved playlists offline while running.

Thanks for contributing your little part to the mountains of e-waste, Spotify.

Yes I know it's an old OS, so why didn't you just leave the old version up, rather than releasing a final "broken" version of the app before riding into the sunset.

I hope you're happy, because I'm not.

You should have given us the option not to "upgrade".  Give us a roll back or fix this.

I agree, they should have left it alone instead of rendering the watch useless. 

They're also clearly not listening, 

You can also email them on help at Spotify. 

They will give you a nice AI to talk to and pretend they care about you, only to keep you waiting hours and then ask you what's wrong, circular useless help desk 

I'm talking to them right now. I've not got much hope, but will update thread if I get anything.

In the meantime - I wonder if there is anyway to hack our chosen music into one of the automatically "for you" type playlists that do appear, and seem to work for me for downloading and playing offline?

So I sort of have access to some of my kind of music for offline, but not really specifically what I have chosen. So, useless, but *almost* useful, if only...

Or I'll just give up and get a new watch.

I've tried all that, I can't speak for your watch but mine no longer plays offline, as soon as you go offline or set watch to offline it won't access music. 

Even if you find your album while online, download it and attempt to play it, 

Also, you shouldn't have to hack the watch, it worked fine before. 

OK, I can download tracks, and mine definitely plays offline.

And they play when the spotify is in offline mode on the watch, and the watch is in airplane mode.

The only thing is... I can't find *my* playlists.

I have the gear S3 classic, 

As soon as it's offline it won't find the music, if you locate your album through a search by renaming your favourite albums with specific codes like your date of birth then the mum name, you find it and download it, sure I can do that, 

But then you go offline and it won't find the downloaded album, even if I'm playing it on link Bluetooth as soon as you go offline it stops playing 

And I've just finished a very long chat with them - went through loads of support people, but ended up with a "we'll pass this onto our tech team". You were right. it's over. They're not going to bother fixing it.

OK. I have now managed to get it to work (sort of). On Galaxy Watch Active 2
Name a playlist something unique so it comes up top in search on Spotify. (make it short so easy to search for in the watch)
Then open spotify watch app, and search for your playlist in the spotify watch app (scroll past all the results for songs and albums)
check it can play, then click to download it.

I then go back to the spotify watch app settings and change the mode "Go offline" to "On". Unlike you, it seems that I can then do the following:

Then I can put the watch in airplane mode, and switch on bluetooth, and the music keeps on playing.

Note you can't search without going back online,  so you can't find playlists when offline.
 This means you won't be able to change to a different playlist without being online, or if somehow you lose the playlist, while fiddling with the app, you are stuck with no music once you are offline.

But if you have a long playlist, then you can at least set it up and go offline. that's probably ok for going running, say?
 But just terrible when it would be so easy to fix.

I used Galaxy Watch 46mm for a while and it was working fine with the old spotify version, then i got a Watch 3 and it installed the new version**bleep**, i thought, there's no way to acess my playlists. Then for a test I've uninstalled spotify on previous watch, and damn, got thew new version when installing back.

Isn't there a way to push the old spotify version on the watch? Just like we do with .apk on android?

I have heard you can roll back spotify versions, but I do not know how thiseffects the software for the watch, I was searching google and it did say theres a way of downloading an old version of spotify and rooting the phone or something, but again, we should not have to do that. 

Hi there,

I can't find any other posts on this community regarding this issue, but if anyone know about an ongoing post please let me know.

Since a while the menu-option of "Your playlist" is missing from the Spotify app on my Samsung Active 2 app. I also have a 6LTE, which uses the Google Play Store instead of the Galaxy Store on the Active 2 (looks like these are two different applications when opening them). 

I'm not the only one having this issue looking at the reviews in de Galaxy Store and a Reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/1bmr821/spotify_app_no_longer_has_songsplaylists/)

When opening the application, the only menu-items I get are "Music", "Podcasts", "Your music", "New releases"..... "Search", "Settings". But there is no option anymore to view your own playlists... With Search you can find your own playlist by name, but this is just not the way to go.

If other users are having the same issue please interact with this post to make it gain more traction and hopefully get noticed by the developers. This simply is not acceptable 🙂

Having the same issue here on a Active 2 running on Tizen 5.5.0.2.

When opening the application, the only menu-items I get are "Music", "Podcasts", "Your music", "New releases"..... "Search", "Settings". But there is no option anymore to view your own playlists... With Search you can find your own playlist by name, but this is just not the way to go.

Is there any work-around this issue, because this just makes the application basically useless...

Hi there,

Any updates? This message is from 4 months ago....

Thanks!

I have the same problem since a few weeks with my watch3. Thinking about buying a new (garmin) watch since the problem will not be solved by spotify.

And how is it going? Any solution?

Hey there folks!

The right teams are aware of this app behavior, however, we're unable to provide you with a specific time-frame. We'll keep you posted here if we have any news to share.

To ensure you're running the latest app version and to get any new fixes as soon as they're released, make sure that you're keeping the app up-to-date.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your message, but we can't really do anything with it. Its a bit of a too generic message and not one you would post after a lot of users aren't able to use your application for over 4 months... is this bug marked as high priority or is at the bottom of the backlog some intern will look at? It seems Spotify knows about the problem but doesn't really care about it or to give updates to the affected...

A concert me and others have is if the issue is even going to be fixed by devs because Spotify started to take away functionalities from the Tizen app like the remote control. Makes me think Spotify wants to deprecate the application and stop the development on it to cut costs.

Regards,

Lucas Kok

I think most of us here would really like an honest human response regarding the problem in detail, 

Will the issue really be fixed as it has been at fault for a very long time, does the correct team actually understand the fault properly and is aware of it?

If the support for older watches is being discontinued then can Spotify actually just admit that so we can get on with finding new watches or a new music provider. 

This is a very annoying issue as most people buy the watch solely to use as a music source while training. 

Suggested posts