Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

regression: mark as played option has been removed in your episodes

regression: mark as played option has been removed in your episodes

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

On the latest Spotify Version: 8.6.80

In the your episodes section, the mark as played option has been removed. This was highly invaluable for managing my podcasts episodes.

It was present in the Spotify version: 8.6.74

Running IOS 14.8.1 on both an iPhone and iPad. 

Note: am unable to upgrade to IOS 15 for my own personal reasons due to an app I like. 

6 Replies

Hi @danielmcgee,

Thank you for sharing your post on the Community!

We've tested this from our side and were able to mark episodes as played from the Your Episodes list, so there are some things we can try here. 

To start, please run a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If it doesn't do the trick, let us know if the issue persists if you try to mark an episode as played while the app has the Offline Mode active. 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello

Just to be clear, I have no trouble the episodes getting marked as
played when finished.

It's that once the episode has finished playing, it doesn't get "auto
deleted" from the device in the: your episodes list. Where as in a
previous Spotify version, this was possible.

I tried the steps provided but still no joy.

Hey @danielmcgee,

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

This is expected behavior. The episodes you save to Your Episodes playlist don't get automatically removed from there after they're finished, as the idea of this playlist is to save your favorite podcast episodes.

This only happens in the New Episodes playlist, where after you finish an episode, it gets removed from that list.

In Your Episodes, you have the option to mark them as played, unplayed, or remove them from the list, by tapping on the three-dot menu. You can also sort that playlist by Unplayed so only episodes you haven't listened to are shown.

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi @CarlosE
I see, that makes logical sense. Thank you for the explanation. If only I could take a screenshot of my previous version because I can ashore you, I did indeed spot an extra button before or after the "sort button." Where one could tell the app to remove episodes from the storage space once said episode has finished.

So besides deleting downloaded episodes one by one, what would you recommend for people like myself who want to delete multiple episodes at once? reclaiming that storage.

BTW Not everyone likes to stream there podcasts.

Hey @danielmcgee,

You're welcome!

Unfortunately, it isn't possible at the moment to select multiple podcast episodes at once to remove them from your downloads. However, we understand where you're coming from and other users have suggested the same feature. We suggest adding your +Vote to this idea about it. Despite its current status. it's still open for voting and it'll be considered once it reaches the required number of votes.

You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Feel free to reach out again in case you have any questions.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello 

Actually, here is a thread which goes over the 180 vote threshold. so would this count.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Auto-delete-played-and-or-downloaded-podcast-episodes/id...

Suggested posts