Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account deauthorised, lost all records, but premium family account still exists?

Account deauthorised, lost all records, but premium family account still exists?

Plan: Family Premium

Country: Australia -> Greece -> United Kingdom -> Amsterdam -> Colombia (current)

Devices: iPhone 13, Macbook Pro M1 2022

I've been a paying member of spotify for a long time.  I've been travelling for the last 8? months or so and will continue doing so.  Today I woke up and I'd had my accounts deauthorised from my Macbook and iPhone (both using the spotify app).  No big deal.

When I auth'd back in my account was entirely empty - no playlists, no premium, no receipts, no nothing.  I've attached a screenshot of what I see in my account.  Also attached is a screenshot of my girlfriends account  from her phone - she is on my family premium account and you can see my username is there and that the plan is active.

Hopefully this is some invalid cache issue or similar, because having a complete wipe including receipts is troubling.

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 10.40.08 am.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 10.39.44 am.png

Girlfriends Phone

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-05 at 10.34.53 AM.jpeg

4 Replies

Hey @1281774324 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

What username is it showing you on https://spotify.com/account? 🙂 Is it the same one your girlfriend sees within the app?

Let me know.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

No, it shows a different username.  I can't log in with this username / alias however, only the numeric one the same as my ID posting on this forum.

My username contains PII, so please PM me if you need any information.

Hey @1281774324 ,

Thanks for getting back.

Can you try logging in using your Premium account's username (1281774324) and the password at https://spotify.com/account? If you don't remember the password, you can reset the password by entering their username in the field 🙂

If you request a password reset, check the inboxes of all email addresses you might have used for Spotify. It's possible that the Spotify account was created through Facebook, Google, or Apple, so you can also try using these alternative ways of signing in.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

Yep its back, cheers.

Whatever you did has had a downstream effect on this account - it actually looks like I had to make a new one (hence the username).

The major effects are the original posts are no longer marked as mine, meaning I can't accept your answer as resolving this.

Cheers.

Suggested posts