Premium Family

Country

Australia

Device

Surface Pro 3 & Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Windows 10 & Android 10

My Question or Issue

I am adding a user to an existing Family subscription. When adding the email address, the site tells me that "This email is already connected to an account. Log in." We're not aware of any existing account, but when attempting to log in and do a password record, the message displayed is, "The username or email you have provided is not associated with an active Spotify account."

Seeking your support with adding the needed user, and happy to send through any other needed information for troubleshooting. Screenshots attached.

Also, I made a previous attempt to post a support question and received an error message, also uploaded.

Appreciate your assistance.

1 Reply

Hi there @Belphins,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community- We'll be happy to help!

Please refrain from posting user data such as private email addresses on public spaces and forums like this one.

The situation you're describing sounds like there is a Spotify account already associated with that email, however that account is most likely disabled by the system, which could happen for various reasons. This would explain why you're not allowed to access or create a new account using that email.

We'd recommend using another email address or another service like Facebook to sign up.

If the user really wants to use this particular email, then reach out to our support team here and explain the situation. They should be able to help out further.

Hope this info is useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts