Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Address and Premium Family

Address and Premium Family

I apologise for eventually repeating a topic but this seems to be a specific issue, in my case.

I'm currently living in Serbia and have a Premium Family account, paid with a portuguese CC, but with reference to a Serbian address, to which I cannot invite my daughter because, because the message "you don't live in the same country" appear.

I've tried everything, including changing country to Serbia, which doesn't work, despite the payment methods, which work in other sites register "problems" with Spotify. This even applies to the same CC I already have in use.

The fact is that one of the reasons I chose the Premium feature was to allow her an account but it doesn't work so I might as well revert to a simple one.

Any idea how to make this work?

8 Replies

I’m having the same problem but I don’t seem to find the right answer.  Very frustrating indeed.

Hey there @JMAlvim and @SeanSS,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

The Premium Family plan is for users who live together at the same household, therefore all the accounts must be registered in the same country.

You'd need to change your accounts' country settings to the country you're currently living at. To do so, you need to change your payment method to one issued in the same country where you're currently living, by following the steps in this article. Keep in mind that the country change will take place in your next billing date and only then you'll be able to invite members to your plan.

@JMAlvim, if you already tried using a Serbian payment method and you're still having trouble, we suggest checking with your bank/payment method provider that it meets all these requirements. If it does, try from a different device and connection. It's also worth trying with a different browser and using a private/incognito window.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have the same issue, my brother lives with me and regardless what option I use to invite him, he cannot join my premium family subscription. I checked his account, we have the same country, he is entering the same address I have in my profile and Premium account and it never works. The error says "please check with the person who sent you the invitation" which is me, but that is not the issue, because again the address is correct. I am paying for 6 users and can only invite 3, very annoying and from what I can see this happens very often. Need help asap.  

Hey @jtenorio023,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if your brother has ever been part of another family plan or if he's running a Premium Individual account currently?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

No he is not, the first time he created the account. He has the free
option.

I cant open a thread, wth!! So now I post this here.

Hello,

it is so bad, that Spotify trust Google. If Google change an address name, I cant add a new member, because Spotify is using**bleep** address search from google. So I added my address few month ago - Street 1 - and now google changed the name of this address to Street 2. Its the same street but spotify tell me the address is wrong. So I need to kick all out to change the address. I dont want to kick all. So please fix this ASAP!! Its so sad to see that a big company like spotify dont have their own local address data and need to integrate google. A lot of users have this problem, so fix this. 

And I mean not, that the street name changed. Google changed the address format. They removed the number to the city. So when I enter my family address Google will only find the new address without number of the city. So bad implemented. Spotify is fully depented on google. And Spotify is no start up, so bad... 
Thanks.

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

@jtenorio023 Please ask your brother to open the invitation link in an incognito window, as there may be some cache that is affecting the invitation. 

If this issue persists, we suggest you contact the folks from Customer Support who can take a deeper look into the Family Plan. Here is the link.

@ugds Even if your address is changed in the map services, you don't need to update it every time nor remove your family members from the plan. If you receive a notification asking you to update the address, you can do it from your Family Plan Hub without having to dissolve your family group. Your relatives will be able to update it as well from their own accounts.

Lastly, if you encounter issues trying to post a thread, please give it a try opening the Community in an incognito window. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@ugds you are correct! I went back into the my account (owner) and re-entered the same address I already had on the account but now it appeared differently. Before it was "Av Monterrey 1908, ... etc." and now it appears as "Monterrey 1908, ...etc." without the 'Av' in the beginning. After I "changed" the address on my account (owner) I was able to add the new family member to the account. This has caused me a lot of wasted time trying to add a family member and it finally worked. Spotify support, please make a note of this and add it to your official solution. Now I will wait and see if Spotify is going to kick everyone else out because of the address "change".

Suggested posts