Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can family members link accounts so that we can automatically play each other's playlists

Can family members link accounts so that we can automatically play each other's playlists

We would like to be able to play each other's playlists regardless of which account we are listening on. Is there any way of initiating this?

3 Replies

Hi @emmagrove, thanks for writing.

Considering that each user has their own private account in the Premium Family plan, the best way to make it happen would be just by following the playlists you're interested in.

Also, if the members are following each other, and they have the "Publish my new playlists on my profile" enabled in settings, it would be easy for the other members to visit their profiles and browse the playlists.

Finally, there's a cool feature in Spotify called Blend, and it enables two users to merge their musical tastes into one shared playlist made just for them, making it even easier for users to connect, discover, and bond over the music they love with one another.

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-08-31/how-spotifys-newest-personalized-experience-blend-creates-a-...

Let me know if you have any other questions 😊 

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks very much for replying. I was hoping that there might be a way of linking them so that we wouldn’t have to individually/manually select playlists. We would want to be able to quickly find a playlist from the family library whilst driving for example, or ask Alexa to play a certain playlist, without having to specify who counted is saved on. I was hoping that Spotify had created some sort of linking system whereby two or more Spotify account holders could grant wholesale access to each other’s libraries. I guess that isn’t the case?

Thanks

Hey @emmagrove, unfortunately that's currently not possible.

But that's a great idea, and you can suggest it here if you feel like it 😊

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts