Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant play on two devices

Cant play on two devices

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

On my daily commute, I listen to spotify. Often my son will be home and will ask Alexa to play something on Spotify.  When that occurs, my music stops playing and I can see from my device what song my son chose. The only way to move it back to my device is going into the device menu on spotify and moving it back to my device. 

6 Replies

Hi there @ZBGBs,

Sounds like you're both using the same Spotify account. What I'd recommend is linking another Spotify account to Alexa - that way you both can listen to different things simultaneously without interrupting each other's playback. More info on how to play music with Alexa devices here.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My wife's account is logged into the Alexa while mine is not. We are both under a family plan so why wouldn't this work?

Hi there @ZBGBs,

Thanks for the post.

Since you have multiple family members, it's best that everyone has their own Spotify account linked to their personal devices. You should also create a separate Spotify account specifically for your home devices. This is the best workaround, so you won't have your personal Spotify account logged in on family devices like Alexa speakers/ TVs/ Other sound systems and game consoles. This way, if someone at home plays music on one of those devices, connected to a separate Spotify Family member account, like your Alexa speaker, your personal music stream won't be interrupted.

You can also learn how to connect multiple Spotify accounts to your Amazon Household - here under "Can I use multiple Spotify accounts with Alexa?", as @Yordan has suggested previously.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Not sure how to do that if the accounts are tied to an email address?

Hey @ZBGBs,

Follow the link provided by @Alex and select "Can I use multiple Spotify accounts with Alexa?" 🙂 
Each Amazon account in the Household will be tied to a separate email address, the same way separate Spotify accounts have different emails as well.

Let us know if any further questions or difficulties arise of course.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

is there a posiibility to play Spotify-connect on different ports?!
Our children want to play diffrent contents over Spotify with their familiy-account. so far no problems but if they both want to play @ the same time with the same version of iRadio only one iRadio can be connected... What a pitty!😱

Example given:

"Room A" Spotify-connect plays "content A" on "speaker iNET-radio 1"

and at the same time

"Room B" Spotify-connect plays "content B" on "speaker iNET-radio 2"

If this is possible already i really would like to know the hint to get the situation work.

My children already get on my nervs!😉
HEEELP!

Suggested posts