Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change the manager of the Family Premium account

Change the manager of the Family Premium account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi, we have a Family Premium account and we would like to change the manager of this account - aka give the management to another member of the family (already included in the account). How is this possible?

Thanks.

1 Reply

Hi @maxime0016,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Unfortunately, at the moment there isn’t a way to change the plan manager of a Premium Family plan.

However, the plan manager of the existing Premium Family plan can cancel the plan, and then a different member of your residence can start a new Premium Family plan as the plan manager.

No worries, changing subscription plans won’t cause anyone to lose their playlists or saved music, and everyone can keep their same Spotify accounts.

The plan manager for the current Premium Family plan can cancel the existing plan by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click Cancel Premium

At your next billing date, the accounts of each member of the Premium Family plan will switch to the free plan. At this time, the plan manager for the new Premium Family plan can start the plan here and then invite the other members by following these steps.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites, members must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between Premium Family (or Premium Duo) plans once a year.

You can also read more about how the Premium Family plan works in this support article as well as in this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts