Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create playlist in Spotify kids

Create playlist in Spotify kids

Hi, just updated to Spotify Family. Was very disappointed that we had to use the Spotify kids app for our 9-year old, since it is not possible to create playlists. I understand that the content is curated, which is understandable. But why is it not possible to create playlists out of the curated content? My kid wants to have separate playlists for disco, for going to sleep etc. with selected order and sequence. And no, pre-curated playlists is NOT an answer. 

Best regards from Sweden

6 Replies

Hey @Anmabl, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern.

If this is something you'd like to see in the future, I'd recommend creating a new Idea about this here. There is also some more information on how the Ideas Exchange works here

In the meantime, check out this article for more information on what you can do with Spotify Kids. 

If you have any more questions, let me know. I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

+1 for this. This is *exactly* what is needed. Also, why does it download songs they mark as "favourite" to the device? It chews up a ton of space. Please let our kids create their own playlist. Thank you.

I can't believe this still isn't as thing. This needs to be a thing, otherwise it's not really 'Spotify Family' & more 'Spotify' & a 'bit of kid-themed fluff/bloatware' that'll only cause grief & disappointment.

Hey @Lupinoid!

An idea about implementing this feature has been submitted here, so feel free to check it out if you haven't already. Even though it's marked as Closed, we’ll continue to monitor it and update its status once it reaches the required votes, so be sure add your +VOTE to show your support.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why does this need to be voted on? How can Spotify think that denying children the ability to make a playlist or play through their list of favourites without having to keep accessing their device. 

Please, just get it done!

Just installed Spotify Kids on my 9-year old's device and we were both greatly disappointed there is no way for him to create playlists. Agree with post above that putting this on an "ideas board" seems like a strange response. Kids want to create playlists. 

Suggested posts