Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly songs all influenced by songs played on a different account

Discover Weekly songs all influenced by songs played on a different account

Hi

We have a Premium Family account which currently only hosts me and my husband. The children use my account to listen to songs and podcasts but my husband's Discover Weekly is now full of children's stuff and mine is not.

We had briefly set up a Spotify Kids account and my husband logged into it as he is the account admin but we have subsequently deleted the Kids Account.

Why is activity on my account affecting his and how can we stop it?

Going to set kids up with their own account but want to understand why our accounts seem to have somehow merged.

Thank you.
4 Replies

Hey @erw81,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear about what happened to your personalized playlists. Indeed, setting up separate Spotify Kids accounts is the best solution in this case, but please also note that the listening activity on one account in the Family plan shouldn't affect the other member's accounts. 

A possible explanation for this behavior would be if you've mistakenly logged into your husband's account on your devices or if the whole family's using a voice-controlled smart speaker. Most only allow one Spotify account to be used with voice commands, so if your husband's is the one registered there, this would explain the sudden change in his Discover Weekly playlist. 

In that case, a separate "grown-up" account for the speaker using collaborative playlists created by the plan owner and shared between the family members would eliminate the need to sacrifice your personalized recommendations 🙂

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi

Thanks for your response.  I disabled Spotify entirely from the smart speaker so it only plays Amazon music and I only use Spotify on my phone so have not logged in as my husband.  I used to have all the children's stuff appearing on my account but since the setting up (and subsequent deleting of) the kids account, all the children's listening history and recommendations switched to his account.

Somehow everything has merged but not sure how or why!

Hey @erw81,

Thanks for your reply.

We've forwarded this info to the relevant team, however we can't confirm when it will be addressed. If you're sure that your husband's account hasn't been used by the kids, we'd simply recommend that he listens to more of his favorite music in the next few weeks and his recommendations should get back to normal.

Let us know if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi

Thank you for your help with this, it is appreciated. 

Suggested posts