Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Message "You Need to live at the same address"

Error Message "You Need to live at the same address"

I have been paying for premium family but nobody in my family can log in with their accounts because it say "you need to live at the same address"  I have confirmed my address in the account setting and I watch my family members put in the same address but it will not work!  I am really frustrated and have wasted a buNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

60 Replies

Hey @Wdseislove

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Let your family members try joining the plan again, but this time in a private/incognito window. This will help them avoid issues with the browser's cache. If the error message still comes up, they can also try using different kind of browser.

If this persists after trying out the above steps, send us some screenshots of the error message and we'll have a closer look. You can attach an image to your next response by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor.

Tip: Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.  

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

I have the same problem - please advise how to resolve.

Screenshot 2021-12-28 112918.jpg

I've followed the steps, get the same error

Hi, I already entered the same address with my sister but still couldn’t pass the address section. It always shows as “You need to live in the same address”. We have the family plan. Please help. Thanks

Hey @keesharamalaurel,

Thanks for letting us know.
Have you tried the process using a LAN internet connection? You can even add an incognito browser window to the mix to see if that makes a difference.
If the issue persists, you can try removing all numbers from the addresses of both accounts and then try again.

Hope you'll find this information useful 🙂
Let us know how it goes!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Ivan, we are on holiday, and my son lost his phone and we have been unable to setup a new family account for him, as an error message states "You need to live at the same address", which we do, but we are currently abroad. Please advice. 

Thank you,

Anders Peter  

Hey @APJuelSau,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

I get that you're having issues with inviting your son to your Family subscription plan. If you are abroad right now, and you've created a new Spotify account for your son, then the new account is probably set to the country region, where you are at the moment. However in order to join your Family subscription, all member accounts must have the same address and regional settings. If the accounts region do not match, then you'll be able to change the regional settings of your son's account once you're back to your homeland and then he should be able to join the Family plan once again. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any other questions.

Kiril Moderator

I am having the same problem. I live in Brazil and updated my account do Spotify Duo. My boyfriend who used to live in USA is now living with me and we still haven't figured out how to change his address so we can use this Duo plan.

Hey there @marinaestrazulas!

Thanks for your question. 

Your boyfriend should be able to change his country settings with the steps here. Keep in mind that if he has a Premium subscription that was paid with a US card, he'd need to cancel that first and wait for his account to turn to free before being able to change the country to Brazil.

Keep us in the loop here!

ElenaModerator

We literally are currently in the same apartment, using the same Wifi and linked to the same network operator. I just upgraded to family premium, and my son could log in immediately, but my wife is having the same issue. i tried everything, different browsers (safari, chrome) even used lap top Mozilla... tried incognito. nothing works. a solution to this problem would be great to have since it is annoying 

I'm getting the same error and I tried all those things. Different browser, incognito, a couple different devices; Nothing works. Please help!

Hello ! I Have a Spotify Family Premium Plan but i can't add father account to join. I have this message: 

It looks like you’re trying to join Premium Family from a different country. Premium Family is only available for family members that live together. Try again when you’re at the same address.

I don't unterstand, I write the good adress ? Anyone can help me please?

Thanks !

Hey @jpeg1,

Thanks for the reply.

Have you made sure that the country settings of the owner and the member to be invited accounts match?

Also post a screenshot of the error message, that'd help a lot.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hello 

I am experiencing the same issues to add my wife to the Premium Family plan and tried using private viewing as well as trying different browsers to no avail. I attach 3 photos: the address I am registered at, the address my wife enters and the error message despite the matching addresses. Can you please assist

<snip - Moderator edit>

IMG_4700.jpg

Hey @neniwich,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome 🙂

We've gone ahead and edited your post, since it contained personal info. Keep in mind this is a public space, so, to maintain your personal data secure, we've deleted some of the screenshots you kindly sent us.

On another note, if someone else wants to join your plan, they'll have to take into account the following:

1. They have to live with the plan manager (the person who signed up)
  2. Enter the correct address (the same you set when you created the plan)

So, according to the error you're seeing, the country settings on your accounts don't match. To check this, you can go to your Account pages to verify these details on your own accounts. Keep in mind the region on your account must match, so the new member can join your plan.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

How does Spotify verify that you are actually at the address that you entered. This info may help with trouble shooting this issue.

You see, I live at the same address as the manager of the account, I copied and pasted the address that was in the invitation email,and yet Spotify thinks I am in a totally different country. Is this possibly a bug?

Hey there @jpeg1

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Keep in mind that even if you enter the same address when accepting the invite, if the country registered in both accounts isn't the same, then you won't be able you join the plan, since both accounts must be registered in the same country. 

To see the country registered in an account, you just need to go to the link @AlejaR shared above. If you need to change your account's country settings, you just need to follow these steps. Remember that it's only possible to change the country registered in your account to the one you're currently located.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks @AlejaR for taking the time to reply and for editing the post to ensure confidentiality. Not sure you noticed in the attachments you cancelled both my address and my wife's were the same and matched perfectly. Might the issue be related to this: I used to live in a different country when I first opened the account and I have updated my account profile to the new one. Could this cause a short-circuit in the matching process, how do I deal with this? Can't think of anywhere else the problem might reside. 

Thanks for your advice

Suggested posts