Country

Czech Republic

Device

OnePlus 8 Pro, Huawei P8 Pro

Operating System

Win10, Win11

My Question or Issue

Greetings,

I recently upgraded to Family.  I'm having issues with adding family members.  I tried to use my daughters gmail account to register her as a family member.  the interface won't allow me to log in using the Spotify Gmail account button due to a Google Family Link limitation that doesn't allow that type of login.  Then I tried to register a new account using her gmail but it won't because of her age, 11.  The other three girls are younger yet.

Does anyone have experience with the same situation?  The girls all use my Spotify and they "contaminate" my playlist with their own music, so I thought we were ready for a family account where each of the girls can have their own.  

Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @Xzibit187 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Keep in mind that there are age restrictions for the regular app. Spotify is designed to be appropriate for listeners 13+ years of age, although the minimum age for using the service varies according to local law. You can find the minimum age for your market in the sign-up flow. 

In this case, you could create accounts with email addresses, that you own and put your date of birth 🙂 If that isn't possible, Spotify's Terms and Conditions apply and your kids, unfortunately, won't be able to use the app.

Lastly, regarding the Google login: The user of such an account can create a password with the email address and use the email address and the password to log into Spotify directly 🙂

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts