Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Hey there, I couldn't add my family member into my plan.

Hey there, I couldn't add my family member into my plan.

They have been removed from my family plan out of nowhere and I sent them the link to rejoin but it could not be done as your system indicating that they are in different country. They are residing in the same address, the only things different is moved to another place recently and the address was only recently changed
9 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you made sure that the country settings of all accounts match? If not, I recommend doing so by following these steps.

Let me know how it goes. 

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It did not work at all. Please reset my account location for me.

Hey again, @31a4tsng23rkga4itorv,

Thanks for getting back.

What exactly didn't work at all? Are you seeing any error message(s)? If so, which one(s)? 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

The recommended steps that are given above. I am using Malaysia bank account but I couldn't add all of my family member together in the account

Hey again, @31a4tsng23rkga4itorv,

Are you seeing any error message(s)? If so, which one(s)? Or is the site simply blank?

Let me know 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Wish we could actually get some support from a Spotify employee on this issue. It’s impacting a lot of people including myself and there’s no way to fix it. 

I tried to chat with rep. it gives the name but they rudly end up the chat, saying try to get a new premium account. I think it is AI chat with fake names. and they are deleting family accounts, but we cannot resolve the same problem.

I received no error message because my card is a Malaysia Card. The only problem is that some of my family members couldn't access the family plan we subscribed to. You asked me to follow certain steps but I am not using any foreign credit card so I couldn't possible be using other card right? 

Despite sending them multiple invitations, it keep stating that my family members are not in the same country and hence couldn't use the family plan. Please resolve this asap.

Hey @31a4tsng23rkga4itorv,

Thanks for letting me know.

The affected membrrs should have received an email explaining why they lost access to the Premium Family plan.

Unfortunately, they won’t be able to rejoin the current plan, but they can join a new plan that’s within the same household, or start their own Premium subscription.

Lastly, remember that all members of Premium Family/Duo plans need to live at the same address. If, for example, you don’t share the same address as the other members, you won’t be able to join the plan.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts