Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I listen to music on my phone and my Google Hub at the same time?

How do I listen to music on my phone and my Google Hub at the same time?

So, we have 2 Google Home Hubs.  I listen to Spotify all day on my phone while working.  The Google Hubs are linked to my email address.  So, when I add spotify to the Hub, it is also linked to my account.  So, I'll be listening to music then one of my kids try to play a song on the Home Hub and it stops my music.  But, I cannot figure out how to add a spotify account to my Google Hub that is a different Spotify account.  It only gives me the option to link and it auto links the account I'm signed into my phone with.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

One thing I was thinking is I'd use an android emulator to sign in a generic google ID so I could sign into spotify and the google home as a google generic email address.  but, that wouldn't work either... because I like the hub showing our family pics.  If I change it to a different email address, I'll loose that link.

Hey there @Dorlow,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently it's not possible to play 2 different streams of music on 2 different devices (such as your phone and the speaker) with one Spotify account.

You'd have to link a separate Google and Spotify account to your home device, so other members of your family won't interrupt your listening experience.

You might consider creating a Family plan to create more Premium accounts for roughly the same price.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a family plan. I'm trying to figure out how to create a dummy account so I can link it to the Google Hub. Problem is the Google Hub links to the Google account my phone is signed in with. So, I can't create a new gmail ID and just link a new spotify to that.... because my phone is still signed in as myself. So, what I'm trying to do is setting up a bluestacks virtual android and having that signed in using a dummy email address that will link to spotify and google home with that dummy email address. Kind of a pain when all I want is to be able to listen to different music in different rooms on a family plan.

Hey @Dorlow,

Thanks for your reply.

You should be able to add multiple Google accounts on your phone and the Google Hub. Once that is done you can link a separate Spotify account to the dummy google account.

More helpful info can be found here.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts