Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I created a new family profile to change the admin but now some members can't join

I created a new family profile to change the admin but now some members can't join

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Portugal

Hello everyone,

We were having some issues with my sister as the profile manager so we decided to create a new profile and have me as the manager since I was the one who was handling the billing anyway.

The issue is: some of the members had joined only a few months ago and now they can't join the new profile because they can only do so every 12 months...

Is there anything that the support team can do about this? Otherwise my brother and sisters will not be able to have spotify premium...

Looking forward to hearing from you

2 Replies

Hey @Dourraimo, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

That's correct - you can only switch Premium Family/Duo plans once in a 12 month period. 

In your case - I'll take a closer look to see what else I could suggest. I'll get back to you as soon as possible - Thanks for your patience in advance!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Dourraimo,

I have two solutions that could work in this case.

One solution is the family member(s) experiencing issues create new account and join the new Premium Family subscription. They (or you) can transfer the music and followers using the steps here so nothing get's lost.

The second one would be that you cancel your subscription, your sister reactivates hers  and they all join that one again. I would also like to know what issues exactly you had experienced before and help them find a solution.

Keep me posted and let me know what you decide! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts