Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kids can switch their Account in Spotify Kids

Kids can switch their Account in Spotify Kids

Hello there,

I just bought two android tablets for our kids and installed Spotify Kids on both. For each of them I created an own Spotify Kids Account. The older got the 6-12 playlist, the younger one the 0-6. I can see them on my family owner account, everything looks fine.

However, the younger kid can switch to the account of the older brother just by selecting it. They go to the "Who is using Spotify Kids" option and just select the account of the brother.  No password, no check, the other account gets activated.

There should be a parental option that sets the "current user" without the ability to switch by the kid itself.

Regards Mr. Freeze

10 Replies

Hey there @MrFreeze71!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

When you create a Kids account you should be asked to create a PIN during your first log in to the Kids app.

As a Family manager you should be able to change the PIN on the account by clicking on the Kids app profile icon > Parental Settings > Enter PIN > Change PIN.

If you have trouble with that, feel free to send us a screenshot of what you see and we'll take a closer look.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you Elena, I set the PIN when I installed the app in the first place. However, that is not the issue I reported above.

So here again: I installed Spotify Kids on two tablets, one for each brother. I created two accounts, one for each kid. But: The Kids can switch between the two created accounds (one for each boy) on their device without entering the PIN.

If kid a switches (by mistake or intentionaly) to the account of his brother, this has several effects:

• the younger boy now has access to the playlists of the older
  • each of the boys can manipulate the favourites of the other
  • fun fact: if spotify kids is running on two devices with the same account, the music changes on both. Caused quite confusion, as both kids experienced a sudden music change without any idea why.

Thanks for clarifying this and sorry for any confusion @MrFreeze71!

Right now we don't have the option to set a PIN/password when switching between different kids accounts.

We can see how that would be a handy feature, so we'll pass on your feedback to the right team. You can also leave a +Vote here in support on the idea for this. 

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The pin is set to the whole account not the individual kid. we have 3 and they all go into each other's accounts and change the character and the songs. 
Why do the kid accounts not require an individual pin to login? my youngest t can listen to the more mature stuff from my oldest. this is not right. 

PLEASE FIX THIS

Any updates on this issue? I am in the same situation.

Best regards

Me too. This seems to have been raised a number of times and always time out.  PLEASE FIX! There seems little point in having individual accounts of they can go to any.  At the very least a PIN log in for each.  Come on spotify! You're better than this! 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone SE)

My Question or Issue

I added one spotify kids account for each of my twins on their respective iphones. But now both of them can see each others accounts on select any of them. That was not what I wanted and NOT what they wanted. I only want their account to show up on their iphone. How do I accomplish that?

This is still an issue! Just switched to the Family plan, migrated my wife's old Premium account without issue, and created Spotify Kids accounts for all three of our kiddos (including PIN) - and they all immediately discovered how to switch between accounts. This is really weird and I assume not the intended behavior. PLEASE FIX.

This needs to be fixed. Why have a seperation for younger and older Kids if all can just switch without any barrier. If you tell people that your service is ideal for kids you should also mention that it is only save for families with only 1 child. Any family with more than 1 child cannot use the service as intended as no kid's account seperation is possible. As I can see from this thread the problem persists since 2020. So Spotify if you care about families, as it seems because you have kids accounts, please seperate multiple kid's accounts as soon as possible. And please don't take another 3 years for that. 

I'll be cancelling my subscription if this doesn't get sorted soon!

Suggested posts