Plan

Family Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 7 PLus

Operating System

iOs 15.6

My Question or Issue

Shuffle no longer works, and we no longer have the ability to skip songs. This is impacting all four members of our family. This issue started sometime late yesterday or this morning.

We have had a family account for many years. We have ALWAYS used the large "Play" (green arrow) button at the top of the playlist to play songs randomly (although the songs chosen seemed to be the same ones over and over, but that's a separate issue...). If a song came up we didn't want, we'd simply hit the "play"  button again, and the playlist would immediately skip to a different song.  This has been the case for years, including yesterday.

This morning, when I used the large green "play" button, a song would start playing. If I hit it again, the song stops, instead of skipping to a new song. If I hit it a third time, the song (that I wanted to skip) simply starts playing again.

In othger words, I have no ability to skip songs any longer. I also noticed if I hit the shuffle button (just to the left the large green "play" button, a pop-up menu appears giving me two different choices ("regular" shuffle and smart shuffle). However, "regular" shuffle is no longer working, either. Songs play in alphabetical order, not randomly.

I have already tried logging out and logging back in again - no effect. My wife is the Plan manager.

Spotify.jpg
3 Replies

Just to confirm, it affects all the accounts part of your family plan? 
Sounds like you have been reverted to a regular account. Can you go to your account settings and check your subscription status (and do the same from your wife's account as she hold the family plan)? 

Hey @DPryor,

The timing of this looks connected to these update changes to Shuffle here.
We'd advise you to leave your feedback in the thread 🙂
We're sorry to see this has been an inconvenience for you.
Thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

We have Premium Duo and lose the capability to shuffle sometimes (plays playlist in order) and now I can't skip anything and it's stuck on one song.

Suggested posts