NEXT STEP

Playlist in family

Playlist in family

Plan

Premium family plan

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I upgraded to a family plan, how do my kids see their playlists once they've logged on?  It says all playlists should be still visible but they're not.

4 Replies

Hey there @Patten,

thanks for posting !

Each member of a Premium for Family plan has their own personal account - so you can use your existing account. All of your account details will remain the same, including any saved music, playlists, and followers.

Your kids should still have their own account created prior to joining the Family plan.

I suggest they reach their account overview (each one on his own device) here

and click on "Sign Out Everywhere" then log back in on all devices.

Let me know how it goes 😃

When we had premium only, we logged into the one account, my kids had their own playlists on that account.  Now that I've switched to family they still can't access them.  I've tried to log out of all devices and it's still not working.  

I am having similar issues. I had the family plan and canceled it. I signed back up and my playlist is still there but my wife and kids playlists are gone.

How do they get their playlists back?

Hey @Patten.

If you were all previosly using the same Premium account, then all the playlists on that account should still be there.

Since you're now on a Family plan and your kids have separate accounts, they won't have those playlists available in their music libraries, however you can always send them a link to the playlist - just check out this support article to see how 😉

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

@brentlbaker - thanks for reaching out 🙂 Just to confirm, did your Family plan members' playlists disappear when they accepted the invite to join the plan?

Suggested posts