Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Set up account for Home

Set up account for Home

Plan

Free/Premium

Country -- UK

Device

Sonos speaker with Alexa at home.

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Hello, looking for way to set up an account under Premium to use solely on our Sonos speaker at home. Currently have two accounts set up -- myself and my wife. 

My account mapped to Sonos currently, so if kids play music at home I can't listen in car / via mobile app.

Help please?

Thought I would set up another account, but when I send myself a link it then recognises me as already a member (as it should). Is there an alternative way to set up an account please?

(note: also plan to set up Kids accounts on an Ipad, but not link to Sonos.)

3 Replies

Hey @rb777,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You can certainly invite an additional account to your Premium Family plan, if there's still enough space. 🙂

You'll need to make sure, though, that you're accessing the invite link while you're not logged into your own account. Otherwise, it'll show an error message as you've already noticed.

When accessing the link while logged out, you'll be asked to either sign in or create a new account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you Maxim. Appreciate it.

Understand logging out. I think my biggest challenge is my kids are too young for an email address, and I can't create a second account with my email address (as I already have an account). Doh!

Hey @rb777,

Thsnks for getting back.

Some email providers (like Gmail/Google Mail) allow you to add a suffix to your email address, or use a different domain. So if your email is hello@gmail.com, you could enter hello+spotify@gmail.com or hello@googlemail.com and it would still arrive in your email inbox.

If your email provider doesn't offer something like this, you'd have to create a new email address for the additional Spotify account 🙂

Lastly, you can create Spotify Kids profiles for your kids, which don't require an additional email address. More info in this can be found here.

Keep in mind that you can't use the Spotify Kids profiles for Sonos, but you can for the iPad(s) through the Spotify Kids app.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts