Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to exclude scaring album covers for kids?

how to exclude scaring album covers for kids?

spotify generates recommendations on the start screen with albums, that have scary covers like "Sehnsucht" from "Rammstein". This is very frightening for my 8 years old sun who now hesitates to open the app again.

I already excluded the artist "Rammstein" for his account but this had no effect. I also disabled the option "allow inappropriate content" from the very beginning, but this has no effect for this specific content either. It's not marked as "explicit".
How can I get rid of those scary recommendations?
4 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear about what happened. Please note that Spotify offers an experience specifically designed for children called Spotify Kids. If you're using a Premium Family plan, you can set up an account for you kid using the steps described here.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Even in "Spotify Kids" there are some album covers with scary / disturbing art.  This is causing a lot of anxiety for my daughter and it would be great if there was a way to hide albums or manage this in some way.

Beware of Spotify kids! I was excited about Spotify kids as a safe music experience for my children. On my first trial run on the app Katy Perry’s firework came up where she is totally naked on the cover art. I cancelled right away! If Spotify can fix this problem they will be the only music app that offers a safe experience for kids. If anyone is looking for something close, we use musescore for instrumental versions of any song you can think of and no cover art.

Hello there!

Thanks for posting in the Community and sending over those details.

Rest assured that we've passed the info to the relevant team here at Spotify so they can take a closer look. 

We're here if there's anything else we can help with. Take care. 

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts