Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify kids app keeps swapping listening between 2 different accounts

spotify kids app keeps swapping listening between 2 different accounts

I am subscribed to the Spotify Family package but I am having trouble with my children's spotify kids accounts within that package. They both have the same device and while they have seperate Spotify Kids accounts, when one child opens spotify and hits play, it takes it from the other child's device.
It's a constant tug of war between them as they both like different kinds of music and they can't listen at the same time. I'm at my wits end. I have been through every setting within the app, on their tablets and even checking the settings on my spotify.
7 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out.

If the playback is being interrupted on one device once you start playing music on the other, that most probably means that the same Spotify Kids account is being used on both devices. To fix this, simply open the Spotify Kids app and make sure that each child has their own account and is logged in it on their own device.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your suggestion. I have already checked this multiple times as it was my first thought also. I have logged them out then back in again, I have uninstalled the app then reinstalled it as well all to no avail.

Hey @EmDo22

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, would you mind checking what @MihailY mentioned previously but this time on the web player on each device? 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Oh, so log in via the web instead of the app? I'll see how I go.

Hey @EmDo22,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Yes please, try to log in using the web player by following this link and let us know how it goes.

Also, in case the issue persists, it would be great if you could include in your next response a short recording where we can see the issue you mentioned. This will give us a better look at the issue to keep helping further. You can upload a video by using the Insert Video option in the post editor or you can upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

This is also happening to my kids. As the parent who controls this, I set them up with unique profiles, but if my daughter is using her profile on one iPad, and my son uses his profile on his iPad, they can’t actually each listen, the two iPads override one another and play the other iPads songs! This is like song war everyone is crying. HELP!

Hi there @aknechtjones,

Thanks for the post.

Can you make sure that each child is logged in their personal Kids account on the tablet. You can check if their profile pictures are different. 

If the issue keeps happening, can you check if it occurs if one of the kids accounts is logged in on your phone? Testing this will help us better understand what's causing the issue and finding a solution. 

Keep us posted on how this goes.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts