Solved!

Change Premium Student Payment Method

Plan

Student Premium

Country

Sri Lanka

Operating System

Windows 10

currently I'm using Spotify premium with the student discount and use mobile number as the payment method. I want to change that to my VISA card without interrupting my student discount and premium features. How can I do that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @pasindujr

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you can't see the VISA card option among the available payment methods we recommend trying to open the same page in a private/incognito window. This makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick, try again in a different kind of browser.  

In case you still can't use the preferred payment method after trying these steps out, make sure you reach out to the issuer of your VISA card. There might be some additional settings that need to be performed on their side so that recurring payments get activated for your card. 

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @pasindujr

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you want to change your current payment method without affecting your student discount and Premium subscription, follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Account page.
  2. Under Your plan, click UPDATE next to your payment method.
  3. Enter your new payment method. 

The changes will take effect from the next billing date. 

Tip: When you add a new payment method, some payment providers may issue a temporary authorization charge.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

When I goto "Update", I don't see a VISA card option but different mobile service providers. How can I enable a VISA card as my payment method.
Marked as solution

Hey @pasindujr

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you can't see the VISA card option among the available payment methods we recommend trying to open the same page in a private/incognito window. This makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick, try again in a different kind of browser.  

In case you still can't use the preferred payment method after trying these steps out, make sure you reach out to the issuer of your VISA card. There might be some additional settings that need to be performed on their side so that recurring payments get activated for your card. 

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

Suggested posts