Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

EXTRA Payment Problem with Student Account (TR)

Solved!

EXTRA Payment Problem with Student Account (TR)

İ've tried upgrading to student account first from my phone, at that moment I didn't know I should upload a document and I don't have any document on my phone. Still, when I apply student account, Spotify first asked for payment and then I couldn't upgrade to premium from phone, because I couldn't upload a document.

Second, I tried to upgrade from the computer and I paid to Spotify AGAIN and this time I DID upload a document. I've waited for SheerID to verify that I'm a student. Two days later, SheerID verified I'm a student and Spotify asked me to PAY AGAIN.

I'm now using Spotify as premium but for that, I paid 3 months for 1 month. I want the refund of those TWO EXTRA payments.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @zbkanal, welcome to the community!

Sometimes when you enter your payment details, the money is drafted and remains as pending for the discount to be validated.

Since you didn't complete the student validation process, the payment should remain as pending, and will go back to your bank account soon.

You can find more info on failed Spotify payments here. Also, you can contact your bank for more details on these pending transactions.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @zbkanal, welcome to the community!

Sometimes when you enter your payment details, the money is drafted and remains as pending for the discount to be validated.

Since you didn't complete the student validation process, the payment should remain as pending, and will go back to your bank account soon.

You can find more info on failed Spotify payments here. Also, you can contact your bank for more details on these pending transactions.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I both contacted with spotify and my bank.. neither of them solved my problem but they only told me to wait.. so, I'm waiting for my money to be refunded... 

Hey there, @zbkanal

Thanks for letting us know you've reached out there.

Rest assured in this case any charges should show on your statement as ‘pending’, meaning no money's been taken.

Once the bank receives the confirmation that your student I.D. failed to verify, the ‘pending’ charge will be refunded. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank. 

If you still have any questions, just give us a shout 🙂

All the best,

/M

As I said before, I informed my bank about the situation and finally, -after two weeks- they refunded my money back 😄

thanks for your interest. and I recommend everyone to inform their bank if they have issues like that.

Suggested posts