Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I've paid to much although I'd changed back to premium-student.

Solved!

I've paid to much although I'd changed back to premium-student.

Hi guys, 
I've missed to renew my student subscription in time. So my sub changed to the regular Premium Plan. The day I was charged for the full price, I've clicked at the discount button for students and it seemed to work.
But: Now one month later (today) I was charged again for the full premium although in my account is the information (german: Der Rabatt ist gültig bis: 19.05.22) means that my discount is valid till 05/19/2022. And my next bill will be on 07/20/21 again for the full regular price (€9,99). So I've paid too much for this month and this will continue.

Could you please let me know how to fix this? It would be also nice to get a refund for the last bill.

If there is no fix available I've to go for the free plan 😞

Thanks,
Benjamin

Plan
Premium
Country
Germany

Device used for discount
(Macbook Pro late 2016)
Operating System
(macOS 11)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @BBBen,

Thanks for the post!

If you've applied the student discount for this year to your account successfully, you'd also need to re-enter your payment details on your account page, so that your payment status can be updated.

After you've done that you should see the new reduced price for your next monthly bill.

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @BBBen,

Thanks for the post!

If you've applied the student discount for this year to your account successfully, you'd also need to re-enter your payment details on your account page, so that your payment status can be updated.

After you've done that you should see the new reduced price for your next monthly bill.

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

thanks for the quick response! I tried it but that didn't work on my account page. Finally I've clicked on the select button for premium students at the "available subscriptions" Page and that did the job! Nevertheless your answer was a right hint.
This non-automated process chain is really bad to get the correct settings done by the user. Hope that spotify will change this asap.

Is there a chance to get a refund for the current month? Who shall I talk to?

Once again, thank you for your help!
Ben

Hi there @BBBen

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're glad to know it was sorted out and thanks for sharing what worked for you, as it might be helpful for other users too.

Regarding the refund, you can reach out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a look at your account and further assist you with this.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Alex, hi @Eni,
thank you both very much for your help! I appreciate the quick and positive responds here.
Stay safe and healthy
Ben

Hey @BBBen

You're welcome! If anything else comes up, just let us know 🙂

Have a great day!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts