Free, switching to premium

Country

India

Device

PC

Operating System

Linux

My Question or Issue

I've been verified for a student subscription of spotify premium. But when I try to purchase the yearly subscription of spotify premium with my Debit Card, I'm getting this message (attached image). Also, the amount has been deducted from my account, but I'm still on a free account. Please help!

Screenshot from 2019-03-01 22-13-21.png
2 Replies

Hey @NishantTilve,

it looks like your card dosn´t allow monthly billing. You should get your money back in the next few days. Do you have any other cards? Or could you perhabs use paypal?

Greetings,

Sebastian

Hi @NishantTilve,

Welcome to the Community!

Based on the screenshot you shared, it looks like you chose a recurring payment method to upgrade.

However, if you'd like to prepay your subscription for the year ahead, you can pick another payment method as the error message explains.

If you'd like to use your debit card for a recurring subscription instead, make sure to double-check that your card meets the following requirements here.

On another note, it sounds like the charge you saw is pending and might not have gone through successfully. No worries in that case! The funds should re-appear on your account soon. You can find more information here.

Let me know how it goes! Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts