Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

Re: Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price?

smoking_angels
Music Fan

Facebook Messenger seems to only let me talk to a robot, it doesn't let me actually type a message to anyone.

Chevycobb
Music Fan

Sorry, I went back and looked to see.

Look for SpotifyCares on Facebook.

mrmagic416
Casual Listener
I don’t have access to a link. I hounded then thru emails & the online chat & then one day I received a link. Good luck.
Highlighted
2 people liked this

sinnamingrrl
Casual Listener

Spotify chat, twitter and this forum since November 4th when i first attempted has resulted in the following:

1. "we are working on it" - until January 12th

2. another attempt at "chat", on January 12th which finally resulted in an escalation...so based on all the comments here i thought, "Yay, here comes a link that works!".....only to recieve an email  that says.  "This promo is over, we are out of stock".  (**bleep**)

3. another attempt at chat today (really wish i could have contacted earlier but I do have a full time job and chasing a company with the worst customer service in the history ....well, i had some more time to give them today).... ONLY to be connected with yet anohter un-empathetic support rep, that said, "nothing we can do, and can you provide your Google ID order number?"... Google ID order number?  I never created the order, IT WAS CHARGING ME, why would i have this?  SMH.  To my request, NOT HIS, it's been escalated again.  

This is purgatory, chat to escalation to recieve a non-helpful response from a support escalation team that is sent from a "no-reply" email ....sending me back to chat.  Good times.  I want a Mini or a credit to my account for the cost of the mini.  AND if they really want to make customers feel like we matter.... even more of a credit for the part time job and frustration I (we) have gone through chasing this massive error in trust and lies.

1 person liked this

smoking_angels
Music Fan

I have been trying to get this done since November 20th, and pretty much the same situation.

1 link that didn't apply discount, another link that was cancelled by Google, repeated requests for assistance and now they are saying the promotion is over.

I have tried emailing Spotify, this community, SpotifyCares on Facebook messenger, Google Chat, Google email.

1 person liked this

smoking_angels
Music Fan

I have been trying to redeem a free Mini since Nov. 20th, with multiple bad links from Spotify, multiple emails to Spotify support with very slow response only after repeated badgering, Google chat, Google support, this community and SpotifyCares. After Spotify dragged it's feet for 2 months the response I am getting now is that the offer is now over and there is nothing that can be done. The reason it has fallen to out of the offer period is because of the slow response from Spotify support.

It seems to me that Spotify made an offer and the offer didn't work, so Spotify just dragged it's feet until they had an excuse to not honor the offer.

Hey @smoking_angels,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the wait.

If you have been in touch with our Customer Support team already, rest assured that they have made a case for you and that they will get in touch with you as soon as they have an update on this.

Unfortunately we won't be able to give an exact time when they will get back to you, but the relevant team are working hard to sort this out for you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience on this! We'll be glad to hear back from you when you've had this resolved for you.

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
5 people liked this

Re: Google Home Mini Promotion still trying to charge full price

smailaj
Music Fan
I do not understand how you Spotify, a 2 billion dollar company. Cannot
give a time frame on a promotion that you Spotify botched. It seems like it
would be more worth it to just give free google homes then to lose this
many users.

I fully understand the support team is doing the best they can with the
resources they have. Kudos to you guys, I bet you don’t get the recognition
you deserve.

I have been a loyal user for over 5 years and today I will be canceling my
account to look for other options. I will also be recommending to friends
and family they find a company that values users.
2 people liked this

EFDisaster
Regular

What if support gives up?

What if they gave me two replacement codes, but google failed to properly redeem either one and they then said they were "... unable to assist you with redeeming a Google Home Mini device any further?" What if I then bought a Daydream from the Google store using the same credit card, just to prove that it's not actually any "problem with the payment info," as Google support insists? What if I put another order into the Google Store for a Home Mini with a personalized gift message that says "You obviously needed the money more than I needed this promotional item.  Enjoy." and sent it directly to Spotify CEO Daniel Ek?

2 people liked this

pbj5
Casual Listener

They've just cold dropped it and said 'screw you' to subscribers. Lastest response is that "The redemption period has now passed. Therefore we're unable to process it for you."

What a shitty company. 

SUGGESTED POSTS