Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Private messages

Solved!

Private messages

Could someone tell this new person to Spotify (me) how one goes about sending/receiving private messages? I read on how to do so but I can't find the envelope it mentioned.

Thank you,

Leeflea.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

EVERYONE:

Private Messages will be enabled when you have 1 post to your name on the community. Once you have posted one thing, log out then in 🙂

You can access your PM area using the green icon in the corner 🙂

View solution in original post

80 Replies

Only certain users have this functionality enabled. At the moment it's set up so that PMing is a tool that mods and founders can use to communicate privately, but it is disabled for other users. You won't see the envelope icon. Any message you want to send about issues should be posted to the forums

Cheers
D

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Yes. Spotify does not provide any support by PM or phone to users. All support is in Contact form (About us) and this Community.

However, if you have question which is ignored by Spotify, just let us know, so we can hurry up moderators.

I am a new Premium member and entered my first post on a forum this morning.  I have since had two emails saying "You have received a private message in the The Spotify Community" but I can't find any way to find these messages and read them.  The above posts say that PM is not used, so are these emails, which purport to come form Spotify, hoaxes?  If they are genuine, how do I read my private messages?

Hey there!

Private messages are waiting you here http://community.spotify.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Thanks for the link!

I tried to find it directly from the Community but couldn't locate it. Could someone please give a hint where to look?

-Mervi-

@MerviV wrote:

Thanks for the link!

I tried to find it directly from the Community but couldn't locate it. Could someone please give a hint where to look?

-Mervi-

Should be up at the top-right near the search box:

Screen Shot 2012-11-23 at 11.41.33.png

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

okay i dont understand what you were trying to send me

Once you've posted on the forums once, you should get access to use the Private Messaging system. Just give it a minute or so 🙂

I don't see that icon

cannot find this either.

I also received an email telling me about a message but I can't open it (maybe because I didn't post to the forum yet?). Anyway this is confusing. You shouldn't be able to receive a message without being able to actually- yeah receive it 😄

Hey there,

If you have any private messages, they are waiting you here: (Just click letter)

http://spotify.i.lithium.com/skins/images/66EFC0E012BDBF0A5E6E0947927A6E12/base/images/icon_notes_mail.png

I have to say, this system is a bit bizarre. I'm trying to set a device password and get told there are messages waiting for me. Since I haven't posted to the forum yet however I can't find them. Took a while to find this to realize what (I think) is going on. So, hopefully after I post this, I'll be able to see the message to set my device password?

@barwnkesteven wrote:

I have to say, this system is a bit bizarre. I'm trying to set a device password and get told there are messages waiting for me. Since I haven't posted to the forum yet however I can't find them. Took a while to find this to realize what (I think) is going on. So, hopefully after I post this, I'll be able to see the message to set my device password?

Device passwords are set via the email address registered to your Spotify account, not through the community. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

EVERYONE:

Private Messages will be enabled when you have 1 post to your name on the community. Once you have posted one thing, log out then in 🙂

You can access your PM area using the green icon in the corner 🙂

????????????????????????????????????

WilsonP - I take it you're confused. How can we help?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Oh, and please don't post ginormous text 😕

(I got it via email)

Thanks for the answers

Suggested posts