How does Spotify Radio work?

Answer:

Radio is a feature that lets Spotify continuously serve you with tracks based on any Artist or Playlist you wish.

For example you're not really sure what to listen to specifically but you know in what mood you are. Simply select an Artist or Playlist which represents this mood best and start the Radio from there!

Here's how to start a Radio station on Desktop:

1. Go to any Artist, Playlist or Album and click the three-dot menu represented like this: 3 dot menu.png
  2. Choose "Go to ... Radio"

Here's how to start a Radio station on Mobile:

1. Go to any Artist, Playlist or Album and click the three-dot menu represented like this: 3 dot menu 2.png
  2. Choose "Go to Radio"

The Playlist radio will be a continuous Radio mix that doesn't stop. You'll have the option to Like or Dislike songs which will change the songs you'll be hearing next. Using the Like and Dislike feature will improve the recommendations.

The Artist (or album) Radio stations aren't continous from the start. You can enable Autoplay in the Settings which will switch to an endless mix as soon as the playlist has finished. From that moment on you'll be able to like and dislike songs.

Liking a Station? You can follow it and view your saved Stations from Your Library. Keep in mind that this is a Desktop feature.

FAQ

Q: Can I tune into an AM or FM radio station with Spotify.

A: No. But what you can with Spotify Radio is better! Unlimited stations, continuous music based on your personal taste and no ads if you are a Premium member.

Q: I started a Radio Station but I can't like or dislike songs.

A: Be sure to enable 'Autoplay' within the Spotify settings. As soon as the playlist is over, you'll get the endless mix based on your personal recommendations. Here you'll be able to like or dislike songs.

Q: I started a Radio Station but it's not endless.

A: See answer in the previous question.

Q: I don't like the songs I am being served.

A: The longer you use Spotify the more we learn about what songs you like. You can speed things up by using the like and dislike feature. You'll start noticing that stations are improving based on your personal taste.

Q: I followed a Radio Station but it's not appearing in my Library.

A: Wait a bit and it will appear shortly.

Q: I used to have a 'Create new Station' button in my Library.

A: This button has been removed. Above you can read how to start a new station.

Q: I'm listening to music and it becomes a Radio Station which I don't want.

A: Disable 'Autoplay' within the Spotify settings to prevent a Radio Station from generating whenever a Playlist or Album has finished.

Didn't help? Search for more Spotify Answers, or create a new thread and ask the Community.