Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify In Canada

I would LOVE to see spotify in Canada, I have been using it via VPN, but sadly can't subscribe to it via credit card cause i'm under a canadian address, I know a bunch of people here would love to have access to Spotify!

2014-10-01

Hello Canada. Spotify here. 

This week Canada become the fifty-eighth member of the Spotify family. From Vancouver to Montreal to St. John’s and everywhere in between, fans have immediate access to over 20 million songs at your fingertips

And a special occasion deserves a special playlist, O Canada!

Comments
Katser5

Using a VPN has opened the marvelous world of Spotify to this Canadian resident. I'd LOVE to sign up for a premium account but apparently I need a US-based (i.e a non-Canadian credit card) to do so?? What is up with that? Do I have to beg my US friends to let me borrow their cc? Why can't we just pay through paypal, or even pay in advance?

I'm a bit annoyed by this (apparently) unnecessary complicatedness. Not to mention the CRTC whom has decided to prohibit Spotify from operating on Canada.

Lame!

SpiderByte

I believe this all comes down to the dinosaur of a system that licensing for music is. The record companies are very powerful, and they're the main reason Spotify is yet not available for Canadians. If the artists and Spotify were given more power over the music, it would have been done available for the entire world, yesterday. For now, Canadians will have to continue using VPN and US registered payment methods to enjoy Spotify.

arthursh3n

Any news on this?

qcisna

I was using proxies to get spotify for a long time, but I just got tired of it and I wanted to stream to my phone and offline sync so I just decided to switch to Rdio the only worthwhile substitute.  I loved spotify but if they couldn't get Canada added to their list of countries I thought it best to find something that worked.  I now am a big fan of Rdio but if spotify ever decides to come to canada I will definitely give it another try.

MattSuda

UPDATE: While the Spotify app is now available in the iOS and Android app stores for Canada, Spotify has not officially launched in Canada. Right now users can download the app and sign up for the waiting list by visiting this URL from inside of Canada: 

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/invite/

Spotify will begin sending out invitations to users over the next few months who have signed up on the waiting list.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

2014-10-01

Hello Canada. Spotify here. 

This week Canada become the fifty-eighth member of the Spotify family. From Vancouver to Montreal to St. John’s and everywhere in between, fans have immediate access to over 20 million songs at your fingertips

And a special occasion deserves a special playlist, O Canada!

teedup

Thank you

tadou447

Hi, I have a premium account and I heard a publicity on radio that said with premium account we can have up to 5 different accounts but I don't how to proceed to add my partner with my account.

Can someone help me please?

thank in advance for your help

Samuel7

Congratulation for the Canadian people. Now enjoy the magic of Spotify music. 

Samuel7

Great news for us. Welcome Spotify in Canada.