Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Embed code player not working

Embed code player not working

Hi, I'm having trouble with the embed code player on my Squarespace page. When I paste in the code it pulls in the player just fine, and looks great. But when I hit play on any of my podcast episodes, it just spins like it's loading but never plays. I've tried pasting the code into other sites/html testers and run into the same issue. What's also strange is that it was working fine about a week ago.

Here's my page for reference: https://www.gaming.mcj.co/podcasts

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Stephen

5 Replies

Hey there, help's here!

Thanks for posting about this on the Spotify for Developers board. Hmm, I've just tried this on my end and it plays here. Could you try using a different browser or an incognito window and see if the same thing happens? Let me know how you get on!

Have a great day,
Hubo
HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there, 

it seems like you managed it to work. 🙂

Would you mind helping out another Squarespace-colleague (newbie) trying to get Web Playback SDK to work on her Squarespace-page?

I would be so grateful if you could help me.

Hi there! I seem to be having the same issue on damoneroberts.com/podcast

It just keeps spinning 😞

bumping this up in hopes of getting support!

About 80% of the embeds I've put on my website are not working. It says page not found on all of them. I find it hard to believe that 20 or more embeds suddenly stopped working and their pages are gone. What is going on with Spotify? Will this keep happening? Do i need to start linking podcasts from a different place other than Spotify?

Suggested posts