I have premium but I don't think this impacts the issue

Country

USA

Device

Surface Pro

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

When I embed a playlist or song or whatever from Spotify onto Notion it only shows a preview of the songs and then prompts me to listen to the full thing on the web player. I feel like this is something new because I swear the last time I did this (maybe a year ago? I don't know, I haven't touched Notion in a long time) this wasn't happening. I don't know code but I tried rewriting it and (as I expected) nothing happened. And yes, the allow encrypted media part is still there, I checked before embedding. Please help idk anything. Thank you.

Best regards,

-someone who knows nothing about code and stuff

1 Reply

Howldy, partner!

It's possible that the behavior you are experiencing is due to a recent change in Spotify's embedding feature. Previously, it was possible to embed a full playable widget for a playlist or song on external sites or platforms like Notion, but it's possible that Spotify has now limited the functionality to only display a preview and redirect users to the web player to listen to the full content.

One thing you can try is to check if there are any updates or changes to Notion's embedding capabilities that may be affecting the display of Spotify content. You can also try embedding the content from a different platform or widget provider to see if it displays differently.

I'll be doggone if I don't hear from you,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts