Obtaining authorization from Spotify to stream their content in my app

Highlighted

Re: Obtaining authorization from Spotify to stream their content in my app

Regular
Thank you for the response laszloxgergely! I submitted an appeal to Apple quoting numerous excerpts from the Spotify Developer Terms of Service. I will post an update when I hear back!
Highlighted

Regular

Hi. Just checking in. Wondering if you’ve heard anything? 

Highlighted

Regular

Hey Matthew, I got my app approved after submitting an appeal to Apple. I would recommend looking at laszloxgergely's comment in this thread; it outlined the approach I used for getting approval from Apple. I still am hoping to receive approval from Spotify to become a commercial application so if anyone has any advice on how to accomplish this, I would really appreciate it! 

Highlighted

Regular

Congrats! I haven’t submitted yet but I’ll use your tactics. I haven’t heard back from Spotify at all either. I’ll let you know. Thanks! Oh, what’s your app? I’d love to check it out. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I am in exactly the same boat at the moment. I've sent a message to Apple yesterday quoting the Spotify developer terms and restrictions. I'll let you guys know how that went. If that doesn't succeed we'll have to figure out how to reach spotify for written consent somehow.

Casual Listener

I just got word from Apple and they have approved my request (Yay!) after pointing them to the correct areas in the terms of service and restrictions of spotify. So I guess that's the way to go.

SUGGESTED POSTS