Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Lkole
  • Regular
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes

Web API: Endpoint /search returns a URL for "next" that leads to 404

PlanFree CountryGermany My Question or IssuePlease see the following curl command: curl -X "GET" "https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=Ope&type=artist&limit=40&offset=1960" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authoriz...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Country Germany   My Question or Issue Please see the following curl command:   curl -X "GET" "https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=Ope&type=artist&limit=40...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Time capsule playlist

Is it possible to access the new Time Capsule playlist through the Web API? I do not see it listed under the /browse endpoints or the user's playlists at /me/playlists.Thanks,Nick

• Roadie
  • Is it possible to access the new Time Capsule playlist through the Web API? I do not see it listed under the /browse endpoints or the user's playlists at /me/playlists. Thanks, Nick
  • kingosticks4
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Web API] Creating a new app to avoid rate limits

Situation:I have created a (desktop) app that actively utilizes Web API.First versions of the app didn't have 429 response code handling implemented (I thought that it won't be needed, since most of the data was being cached).Eventually one of the us...

• Situation: I have created a (desktop) app that actively utilizes Web API. First versions of the app didn't have 429 response code handling implemented (I thought that it won't be needed, since most...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i differentiate enabled and disabled tracks with Spotify Web Api?

I'm working with the Spotify Web Api in C# and I want to find out which tracks of my playlists are disabled. I know how to get all the FullTrack-Objects from my playlists, but I don't know which property tells me whether the track is disabled or enab...

Screenshot 2020-10-17 141613.png
  • Regular
  • I'm working with the Spotify Web Api in C# and I want to find out which tracks of my playlists are disabled. I know how to get all the FullTrack-Objects from my playlists, but I don't know which prop...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unexpected "restriction" key for new "podcast with music" episodes

Expected behavior:Return a full episode object as documented for every episode. Current behavior:Returns a additional "restriction" key for podcasts containing music. This might had some internal usage to exclude this episode before the feature was p...

• Visitor
  • ...ome internal usage to exclude this episode before the feature was public. Podcasts without music don´t contain this key.   Example:   "restriction": { "reason": "product" }   &n...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
    Podcasts with music
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution https://api.spotify.com/v1/search cannot return the correct number of total results

https://api.spotify.com/v1/search cannot return the correct number of total resultswhen using the https://api.spotify.com/v1/search endpoint to search, with limit and offset set to be 20 and 0 respectively, the "total" will always be 20. But if the o...

• Visitor
  • https://api.spotify.com/v1/search cannot return the correct number of total results when using the https://api.spotify.com/v1/search endpoint to search, with limit and offset set to be 2...
  • kkhal
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • search endpoint
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Who can achieve a music recommendation system with Spotify

Hello everyone, first post here I'm building a web app and I need a system to achieve this: (the purpose is to be able to generate a list of song that all the users can like/will all like based on the list of all their individual favourite songs) I s...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone, first post here 🙂 I'm building a web app and I need a system to achieve this:   (the purpose is to be able to generate a list of song that all the users can like/will all lik...
  • murraypaul
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • AI
    Developer
    recommendation
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove playlist's description

Hi, I'm trying to remove the playlist's description by using the web API but every time I get { "error": { "status": 400, "message": "Attribute description is empty" } }

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I'm trying to remove the playlist's description by using the web API but every time I get    { "error": { "status": 400, "message": "Attribute description is empty" } } &...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

/v1/me/player timestamp field unexpected value

My Question or IssueWhen using the /v1/me/player endpoint, there is a field called timestamp. According to the documentation, it should return the "Unix Millisecond Timestamp when data was fetched". It'd appear to me that it should be a variable that...

• My Question or Issue When using the /v1/me/player endpoint, there is a field called timestamp. According to the documentation, it should return the "Unix Millisecond Timestamp when data was fetched"...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Rate limit increase?

PlanFreeUnited Kingdom DeviceAWS Platform Operating SystemAmazon Linux / Python / SpotiPy My Question or IssueHi there!I am currently developing an app that needs to make extremely regular calls to the Get Playlist Item endpoint (https://developer.sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free United Kingdom   Device AWS Platform   Operating System Amazon Linux / Python / SpotiPy   My Question or Issue Hi there! I am currently developing an app that n...
  • Morgrog
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Web playback API and casting

Hi allI understand that we would require written permission from Spotify for a commercial use for the playback API but I was just wondering what the impact could potentially be if we also will be baking cast functionality into the page too? Will ther...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all I understand that we would require written permission from Spotify for a commercial use for the playback API but I was just wondering what the impact could potentially be if we also will be b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Emotion Data

Curious: is there emotion or “mood” data available for every sing being played system-wide right now? It would be fun to build a kind of worldwide real-time mood monitor based on all Spotify listeners, then track and display it over time or possibly ...

• Casual Listener
  • Curious: is there emotion or “mood” data available for every sing being played system-wide right now? It would be fun to build a kind of worldwide real-time mood monitor based on all Spotify listener...
  • BillProtzmann
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Emotion data
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Terms: When I integrate Spotify into my app, does Spotify basically get all rights on it?

From Spotify Developer Terms of Service, III 4. License to Spotify: For the duration of this Agreement, you grant to us a paid-up, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable right and license, under all of your i...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ublicensable, irrevocable right and license, under all of your intellectual property rights, to: a. Use, perform, make available, display to the public, reproduce, distribute, and import your SDA in o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Terms: Definition of "Integration with Third Party Services"

From Spotify Developer Terms of Service, IV 3. f. Integration with Third Party Services: You will not create any product or service by integrating the Spotify Platform, Spotify Service, or Spotify Content with (i) any non-interactive internet webcast...

• Casual Listener
  • From Spotify Developer Terms of Service, IV 3. f. Integration with Third Party Services:   You will not create any product or service by integrating the Spotify Platform, Spotify Service, or S...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[ALL PLATFORMS][SHOWS] How could i get from app or api property: followers for selected show ID

My Question or Issue Like in topic, i want to check how many people follows selected show, i can get that information for selected artist, but getShow endpoint doesn't receive any followers information.

• Visitor
  •   My Question or Issue   Like in topic, i want to check how many people follows selected show, i can get that information for selected artist, but getShow endpoint doesn't receive any fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcasts
    show
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to connect appRemote on app after a while if Spotify is in background

I'm currently implementing the Spotify app remote into my application but after a while if the Spotify app is in the background and I try to connect the Spotify app by waking it up from my app, I get this error. Error Domain=com.spotify.app-remote Co...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm currently implementing the Spotify app remote into my application but after a while if the Spotify app is in the background and I try to connect the Spotify app by waking it up from my app, I get...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify for R-Studio

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I am trying to get a data set of musicians into R-studio and look to retrieve to the total n...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • R-Studio. Artist Streams.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Questions about the API TOS

So I just want to preface this by saying that this might be a longer post. I'm planning on making an application thst relys heavily on the Spotify api. I have three questions in total that follow. Okay so the first one is about your caching rules. I ...

• Visitor
  • So I just want to preface this by saying that this might be a longer post. I'm planning on making an application thst relys heavily on the Spotify api. I have three questions in total that follow.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iFrame shows track is not available when it should be

CountryUSOperating SystemWindows / ChromeMy Question or Issue Hello, I'm trying to display an iFrame with a song and when I try to play the song I get the message "This track is not available in your country". I can definitely play the track from my ...

• Country US Operating System Windows / Chrome My Question or Issue   Hello,   I'm trying to display an iFrame with a song and when I try to play the song I get the message "This trac...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • country
    iframe
    web
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes