Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• PhilTunix
  • 134 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 134 replies
  • 20 likes

API played_at not matching

I have noticed something strange when fetching data from the API. I have played two songs in a row(without pause or anything), yet the result of the API (played_at and track duration, doesn't add up when compared to the next played_at timestamp). Bas...

EfctYZkXoAABb7G
  • Visitor
  • I have noticed something strange when fetching data from the API.   I have played two songs in a row(without pause or anything), yet the result of the API (played_at and track duration, doesn'...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Raw Data

Is the raw data of Spotify's listenership open-source? I'm interested, among other things, in analyzing the geographic footprint of different artists' fan base. Does anyone know how one can go about this? Or perhaps help me, I'd be grateful to speak ...

• Is the raw data of Spotify's listenership open-source?   I'm interested, among other things, in analyzing the geographic footprint of different artists' fan base.    Does anyone kn...
  • _milena
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Demo links broken

Hello, I'm looking at the demo code in https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/libraries/ and it looks like all of those are broken. I really like the app in: http://everynoise.com/ I can use that one without any authentication, that make...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm looking at the demo code in https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/libraries/ and it looks like all of those are broken.   I really like the app in:&...
  • _milena
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api demo
    broken demo links
    request limits
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Feature Request] API Endpoint to Get Multiple Playlists

Currently, the Web API has multiple endpoints that support getting multiple objects at once:Get Multiple ShowsGet Multiple Albums Get Several Tracks Get Audio Features for Several Tracks Get Multiple Artists Get Multiple Episodes These are very usefu...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently, the Web API has multiple endpoints that support getting multiple objects at once: Get Multiple Shows Get Multiple Albums  Get Several Tracks  Get Audio Features for Several ...
  • darkjkl2009
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to play songs backwards using the web API?

I am trying to build an app that lets users play Spotify songs backwards for users, will their API allow me to do this?

• Composer
  • I am trying to build an app that lets users play Spotify songs backwards for users, will their API allow me to do this?  
  • M4tr1k
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Users profile does not load up after using my app

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone X)Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issue I have an app with these following scopes: "user-read-private user-read-email playlist-modify-public playlist-modify-private user-top-read user-follow-read playlist-read-pri...

• ...mail playlist-modify-public playlist-modify-private user-top-read user-follow-read playlist-read-private".   My app simply pulls out users' playlists and top read tracks.   One of my beta t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bugs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection Problem

Hello I have a premium account usually use Iphone 10 have absolutely no problem with my internet and always follow the solutions given on website. I’m writing here to say that the app has been doing that quite often. You guys have a great online supp...

• Visitor
  • Hello I have a premium account usually use Iphone 10 have absolutely no problem with my internet and always follow the solutions given on website. I’m writing here to say that the app has been doing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution New feature

As a daily Spotify user I am always encouraging my friends to jam out. Often they ask for my playlist. And I give it to them. When they go to my profile they see three of my main playlists. However there is a problem. I would like to be able to Displ...

• Visitor
  • As a daily Spotify user I am always encouraging my friends to jam out. Often they ask for my playlist. And I give it to them. When they go to my profile they see three of my main playlists. However t...
  • _milena
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Get user's "Release Radar" and "Discover Weekly" using the api

I've been looking through the API docs but am unable to find anything that returns either of these lists. Is it possible to do this (and I just missed it) or is this something that cannot be done using the API yet

• Visitor
  • I've been looking through the API docs but am unable to find anything that returns either of these lists. Is it possible to do this (and I just missed it) or is this something that cannot be done usi...
  • thaghostza
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • api
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

[Feature Request] Stats API | Spotify For Artists

Currently Spotify For Artists has a limited attribution model that makes it very hard to determine what traffic sources/ads are performing the best and getting the cheapest cost per result.(ie.stream, save,playlist additions, follows.). Furthermore, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently Spotify For Artists has a limited attribution model that makes it very hard to determine what traffic sources/ads are performing the best and getting the cheapest cost per result.(ie.stream...
  • 0 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 21 likes

How to not use local host for auth-server

Main Question.I currently have my spotify api website for getting top artists so you get onto the main page (https://matthewcurtis4.github.io/myapp/) but when you click login it redirects you to my auth-server which works perfectly on my computer but...

• Casual Listener
  • Main Question. I currently have my spotify api website for getting top artists so you get onto the main page (https://matthewcurtis4.github.io/myapp/) but when you click login it redirects you ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authorization
    local host
    spotify api
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong data on my Spotify artist profile

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello guys,my related tab has dissappeared like 2 years ago, since that time I have released ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello g...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • related artist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I get Daily Mix playlist through API?

I want to get Daily Mix Playlist through API, I had tried a lot of solutions, but not work. could anyone give me some hints? thank you a lot.

• Casual Listener
  • I want to get Daily Mix Playlist through API, I had tried a lot of solutions, but not work. could anyone give me some hints? thank you a lot.
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • api
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

Associate the Client_Id for Developer portal access

We are using the Spotify integrations in our app. However, the login used the create a client_id is no more available. We need to reassociate the client_id with a different email, so we could access the developer portal. Please let me know what shoul...

• Visitor
  • We are using the Spotify integrations in our app. However, the login used the create a client_id is no more available. We need to reassociate the client_id with a different email, so we could access ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer portal access
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bulk selection

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue There should be a way to select multiple songs so you can add a bulk of songs to a playlist ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • Dennis112
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Get recommended song from selected genres for the user

Is there any(or is there any possibility to add) GET requst which includes as a qury param of a list of genres and returns a recommended track(1 track only which belongs to any of the genres) for the user?

• Visitor
  • Is there any(or is there any possibility to add) GET requst which includes as a qury param of a list of genres and returns a recommended track(1 track only which belongs to any of the genres) for the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API request
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What happens when you play on a user that has never used any device?

Been thinking about developing an app that consumes the spotify API and I've been wondering what would happen if I attempt to play a song on an account that has no devices associated to it?Is there a way to create a faux device for testing? Make the ...

• Been thinking about developing an app that consumes the spotify API and I've been wondering what would happen if I attempt to play a song on an account that has no devices associated to it? Is the...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API request
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Images not loading

In my app (albums, songs, profile pictures, etc). images are not loading. All images were being loaded and displayed previously.

• Visitor
  • In my app (albums, songs, profile pictures, etc). images are not loading.  All images were being loaded and displayed previously.
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Images
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 502 Bad Gateway errors / Outage

Hi. I've been getting the above message for the last hour or so when I perform a "Get a List of Featured Playlists" call (see below). It's happening with both the Authorisation Code & Client Credentials flows. This is causing an outage for us - pleas...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.   I've been getting the above message for the last hour or so when I perform a "Get a List of Featured Playlists" call (see below). It's happening with both the Authorisation Code &am...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • outage
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify API to find tracks from certain months

Hi,I am trying to use the Spotify API to create a website to view data sorted by top tracks and artists from specific months and years in the user's profile history. Is this possible to do with the API's data? I know that they offer the option to vie...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am trying to use the Spotify API to create a website to view data sorted by top tracks and artists from specific months and years in the user's profile history. Is this possible to do with the...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • api
    development
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes