Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• nathancheshire
  • Casual Listener
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes

Solved!! Sometime my search request return nothing

Hello, I made an API on ASP.NET who search tracks info. Sometime when I do a search request wuth my app i got nothing but with Spotify console i have tracks Exemple: Request:https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=CLEO%20LAINE%20LET'S%20SLIP%20AWAY&type=...

• Regular
  • Hello, I made an API on ASP.NET who search tracks info.  Sometime when I do a search request wuth my app i got nothing but with Spotify console i have tracks  Exemple:  Request: ht...
  • Nogaruki
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Community (for Developers) is a regress

Sorry for say that, but I have to. Since you guys archived the WebAPI repository from Github and all the issues are moved to here, this created a huge problem. I understand that this new platform took a lot of work, and I think it's great to Spotify'...

• Regular
  • Sorry for say that, but I have to. Since you guys archived the WebAPI repository from Github and all the issues are moved to here, this created a huge problem. I understand that this new platform too...
  • waveshift
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes
  • api
    webapi
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes

Invalid Authorization Code - Authorization Code Flow

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm trying to request an access token using the /token endpoint with python requests library but keep receiving this error: {'error': 'invalid_grant', 'error_description': 'In...

• Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm trying to request an access token using the /token endpoint with python requests library but ke...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug: Application button "Edit settings" not working

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI'm having the same issue of the Edit Settings button not working, but neither of the solutions given have fixed the issue. I'm not running any ad blockers, and I've cleare...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I'm having the same issue of the Edit Settings button not working, but neither of the solutions given h...
  • Smactus
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Commercial Integration Status

PlanFreeCountryUnited KingdomOperating SystemmacOS My Question or Issue Hi, I'm developing a home-grown app that could eventually become commercial using the Spotify API, and was wondering where I can check my request status for commercial integratio...

• Plan Free Country United Kingdom Operating System macOS   My Question or Issue   Hi,   I'm developing a home-grown app that could eventually become commercial using the Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Bug: Application button "Edit settings" not working

PlanFreeCountryPortugal DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, today i'm having an issue where i try to click the button "Edit Settings" for my app and nothing happens.If i check the browser's console (Chrome) i can see th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Portugal   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, today i'm having an issue where i try to click the button "Edit Settings" fo...
  • ivzoob13knwoa3l
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug: Application button "Edit settings" is broken

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemLinux My Question or IssueI am trying to set the redirection URI of an application, but clicking the button "Edit settings" does not do anything. URL: https://developer.spotify.com/dashboard/applications/

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Linux   My Question or Issue I am trying to set the redirection URI of an application, but clicking the button "Edit settings" does not do an...
  • _yn6jgbnt-lna
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • api
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Get popular artists of genre

Hello, gyus! My name is Ildar, i'm junior React web developer. I need help with my pet project. In result i wanna see: if i click to genre, my app show popular artists of this genre ( take artists followers). But i don't know how can i build api requ...

• Hello, gyus! My name is Ildar, i'm junior React web developer. I need help with my pet project. In result i wanna see: if i click to genre, my app show popular artists of this genre ( take artists fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does anybody know what this number in the api call means?

In the link: https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=u%25&type=track&limit=1&offset=420what does the "25" mean? I bolded it

• Regular
  • In the link:  https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=u%25&type=track&limit=1&offset=420 what does the "25" mean? I bolded it 
  • timmyvc123
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API request
    API search
    Spotify Web API
    Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Massively Exceeding rate limit when trying to get Artist data

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceMacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)Operating SystemmacOS Catalina 10.15.7 My Question or IssueHi, I'm running into a bit of a wall where I'm currently using a user's playlist (retrieved from /v1/playlists/{playlist_i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom   Device MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) Operating System macOS Catalina 10.15.7   My Question or Issue Hi,   I'm running into a bit of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! reCaptcha throwing uncaught (in promise) null error when using Spotify accounts API locally

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom (England) DeviceMacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)Operating SystemmacOS Catalina 10.15.7 My Question or IssueHi, I've recently started using the Spotify API and have followed these guides in order to get my app set up: ht...

4chfkz_w0-11a_0-1602427441654.png 4chfkz_w0-11a_1-1602427484078.png 4chfkz_w0-11a_2-1602427569163.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom (England)   Device MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) Operating System macOS Catalina 10.15.7   My Question or Issue Hi,   I've recently st...
  • bonkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Uploading cover image not working with un-refreshed access token

Use Authorization Code Grant to get an access tokenUse this access token to upload a Playlist Cover Image for any playlist that the access token is valid for. You will get an error: 401 UnauthorizedUse the refresh token to get a new access token, rep...

• Regular
  • Use Authorization Code Grant to get an access token Use this access token to upload a Playlist Cover Image for any playlist that the access token is valid for. You will get an error: 401&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Playlist cover image
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Incorrect CPath selection with multizone system since v~8.5.15

Premium acctAll sorts of devices and OS versions:- Win10 App, iPhone 6,7,X and iPad mini and Pro- iOS 9, 12, 13, 14Problem summary:Multi-zone systems typically have one playing app =" DeviceID", with audio distributed to several speakers (= "remoteNa...

• Gig Goer
  • ...eviceID":"11224DB33B1B","deviceType":"SPEAKER","remoteName":"Kök","activeUser":null,"publicKey":null,"accountReq":null,"brandDisplayName":"AC","modelDisplayName":"Media Control Server","libraryVersion":"5...
  • OneBobone
  • Gig Goer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • CPath
    multi-zone
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Fans also like-functionality via API

I am looking at the "fans also like"-functionality but I am unsure if it is in the API as an end point or if I need to combine several to get the result.Any suggestions?

• Gig Goer
  • I am looking at the "fans also like"-functionality but I am unsure if it is in the API as an end point or if I need to combine several to get the result. Any suggestions?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Storing metadata for searching

Hello, I'm building an app for my three friends and I. We listen to an album a week and talk about it. I want to store the album we listen to, the artist info, tracks, etc, so we can give each album a one to five star rating and pick our favorite and...

• Hello,   I'm building an app for my three friends and I. We listen to an album a week and talk about it. I want to store the album we listen to, the artist info, tracks, etc, so we can give ea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting a random or filtered song from the entire Spotify library

My Question or IssueI'm working on a an app that integrates the Spotify Web API. was wondering if anybody knew how to or had any ideas on how to get a random song from the entire Spotify library using the API. Or instead of a totally random song, a s...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue I'm working on a an app that integrates the Spotify Web API.  was wondering if anybody knew how to or had any ideas on how to get a random song from the entire Spotify libr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    API request
    Spotify Web API
    Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay similar songs after provided Song finished playing

In my Spotify client, when the song/album/playlist I was listening to, came to its end, Spotify is adding new songs to the queue. This is referred to as the Autoplay feature: https://support.spotify.com/is/article/autoplay/ When using the Web Playbac...

• Regular
  • In my Spotify client, when the song/album/playlist I was listening to, came to its end, Spotify is adding new songs to the queue. This is referred to as the Autoplay feature: https://support.spo...
  • floriankapaun
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Type Parameter Artist/Manager/User when Get Current Users Profile

Hello everyone, I have got one question when implementing the Get Current Users profile . { "country": "SE", "display_name": "JM Wizzler", "email": "**bleep**", "external_urls": { "spotify": "https://open.spotify.com/user/wizzler" }, "followers": { "...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hello everyone,    I have got one question when implementing the Get Current Users profile .             { "country": "SE", "displa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • get users profile
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing albums for artists

I am working on an application that works with past listening data and analyses it. Given that the only data about listening you can get is for the past 50 tracks, I resorted to downloading data through an information request and am then parsing the ...

• I am working on an application that works with past listening data and analyses it. Given that the only data about listening you can get is for the past 50 tracks, I resorted to downloading data thro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to continuously log/scrap the number of "people listening now" from Artist Dashboard?

My Question or Issue Within the Artist Dashboard homepage, we have the dynamic "X people listening now" information displayed.With the current API features, is there a way to log/scrape this data continuously? I could not find anything related to thi...

Screenshot 2021-02-14 122835.png
  •   My Question or Issue   Within the Artist Dashboard homepage, we have the dynamic "X people listening now" information displayed. With the current API features, is there a way to log/s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    artist
    people listening now
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes