Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rate Limit

Rate Limit

I have a music app that has 30,000+ Spotify users. I'm facing limit problems because of Rate limiting. Is there a process for requesting an application to be whitelisted? 

5 Replies

Hey @omerfarukoner, thanks for coming to the Community for help!

First things first, I recommend reducing the amount of requests as much as possible. Use endpoints that fetch multiple entities in one request. For example: If you often request single tracks, albums, or artists, use endpoints such as Get Several Tracks, Get Several Albums or Get Several Artists, instead.

Also, are you using the Spotify API in a commercial way or non-commercial way? Let me know!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Hubo,

We can need to get the current track of 3.000+ Spotify users instantly, so we couldn't decrease it.

We're using the Spotify API in a non-commercial way. We applied for it. We haven't received an answer yet. When we start to use the Spotify API in a commercial way, will our API requests be unlimited or increased?

Thanks for your interest,
Omer

Hi @Hubo

We have the same issue and we have done everything minimize the number of requests. To highlight our issue most of our users use the service at the same time across Europe as why we experience a peak in the request. We are not sure if we have a "commercial" or "non-commercial" approval and we cannot seem to find any information on that on our developer dashboard.

Any help will be must appreciated. 

Hey @Hubo,

My service has run into the same issue as well. It's a non-commercial app that actually became fairly large seemingly overnight, so we weren't prepared at all and hit the rate limit fairly quickly. I'd really appreciate if you could let me know as well, as I don't believe that my indie app qualifies for the commercial program, so I'm not sure how to get past the API rate limit.

Thanks,

Aryan

Hey @omerfarukoner,

We're in pretty much the same position too with our app! Were you able to get any help on this, @Hubo what is the recommended action please?

Thank you!

Dylan

Suggested posts