Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify For Business

Spotify For Business

Can I stream Spotify at a restaurant, and separately go out and buy the licensing for those songs. I want to do this because Spotify has a great API I want to use that the "business licensed" services don't have. How would I go about buying these licenses? Thanks!

2 Replies

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Spotify is for personal entertainment only and not for commercial use but you can take a look at this page to learn more about Spotify's friends over at Soundtrack Your Brand.

They should be able to help you out if you'd like to stream music in a commercial environment.

If you have any further questions you can reach them here.

Hope this helps but I'll be here if there's anything else I could do for you!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Hubo thanks for the response. I am using the Soundtrack Your Brand API, however their API isn't as feature rich as Spotify's API. For example the Spotify API shows the name of the artist for each song as well as a url that displays the image for the album associated with that song. Soundtrack Your Brand API just says the name of the song, nothing else. So I was wondering if I could stream music through Soundtrack Your Brand API, but on my application display information such as the artist associated with the song and the album image by using the Spotify API. Because it's my understanding of licensing laws that I can use things such as the artist name and album url for business use I just can't stream the song. Let me know thanks!

Suggested posts