Announcements

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Welcome to the Spotify for Developers board!

Welcome to the Spotify for Developers board! This forum is the place for conversations about Spotify's Web API, Web Playback SDK, Widgets, and other developer tools. Here you can ask questions about the Spotify platform, chat with other developers, a...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 56 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 56 likes

Authorization Code Flow: 500 Internal Server Error at initial step of authorization

Let me preface this by saying I am new to working with APIs and making requests. I am running a website with via flask on an AWS EC2 instance with ubuntu 20.04 (not sure if this will help but just to give as much info as possible). So far I have been...

• Let me preface this by saying I am new to working with APIs and making requests.   I am running a website with via flask on an AWS EC2 instance with ubuntu 20.04 (not sure if this will help bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Make Dislike Button available everywhere.

This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically point 4 "Make sure that the thread you are posting on is relevant for your issue". For more information please read here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-An...

• This post was removed for violating the Community Terms and Conditions, specifically point 4 "Make sure that the thread you are posting on is relevant for your issue". For more information please rea...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Due to lack of transparency, our team will no longer use Spotify Web API.

See my many other topics to understand why. Spotify only responds to cut-and-dry questions, does not reply to any issues on their repositories, and has no channels for developer support. This forum is structured in a way that buries unanswered questi...

• Gig Goer
  • See my many other topics to understand why. Spotify only responds to cut-and-dry questions, does not reply to any issues on their repositories, and has no channels for developer support. This forum i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

API for uploading custom music to Spotify

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA DeviceAnyOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueI'm trying to build an app where users can submit their own music/artwork to Spotify (avoiding middleman companies like CDBaby) and then this music would be available to all ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device Any Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue I'm trying to build an app where users can submit their own music/artwork to Spotif...
  • Hubo
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Storing users' data

Hi, we want to integrate with Spotify API to develop a feature which would allow our users to discover their personality traits based on the music they listen to. For this reason we would have to store Spotify's users' data on our side for all of the...

• Visitor
  • Hi, we want to integrate with Spotify API to develop a feature which would allow our users to discover their personality traits based on the music they listen to. For this reason we would have to sto...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    question
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Web API Search endpoint returns `null` items in some cases

For example this search query https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=artist%3A%22Coi+Leray%22+track%3A%22Do+Better%22&type=track&market=DE The response returns a tracklist containing only `null` items.Full response: { "tracks": { "href": "https://ap...

• Visitor
  • For example this search query https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=artist%3A%22Coi+Leray%22+track%3A%22Do+Better%22&type=track&market=DE   The response returns a tracklist containin...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Get top tracks API: returned in order of popularity?

Hi! I'm calling the Get Top Artists and Tracks API and I'm wondering if the results are returned in order of affinity. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm calling the Get Top Artists and Tracks API and I'm wondering if the results are returned in order of affinity. Thanks!
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • question
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Getting more than 50 recently played songs from API

I'm using the Spotify API to get my recently played songs and would really love to be able to get more than 50 of them. Is there any way at all that I could do this? I'm happy to pay for it too. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using the Spotify API to get my recently played songs and would really love to be able to get more than 50 of them. Is there any way at all that I could do this? I'm happy to pay for it too. &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • api
    recently-played
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution api to delete playlist

I have used a plugin for a while that makes copies of weekly recommendations, however i now have so many playlists that i would like to be able to delete playlist, i coulldnt find it in the api, yet using the browser on open.spotify.com it can be don...

• I have used a plugin for a while that makes copies of weekly recommendations, however i now have so many playlists that i would like to be able to delete playlist, i coulldnt find it in the api, yet ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify API with Snapchats API?

Hi, I got the chance to participate in the Ramp-up 2020 and I have a question.I'm thinking of using Spotify's API with Snapchats, is that possible?I can't find anything online, it would have been a great help if you could help me. Thinking of mixing ...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I got the chance to participate in the Ramp-up 2020 and I have a question. I'm thinking of using Spotify's API with Snapchats, is that possible? I can't find anything online, it would ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ramp_up 2020
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Embed playlist into custom app without authentication

OK this might be an incredibly stupid question.I am making a video game for a well know musician. In the game we want to stream some of the musicians latest songs. We want to stream this from spotify and we want the streams to count towards riaa cert...

• Visitor
  • OK this might be an incredibly stupid question. I am making a video game for a well know musician. In the game we want to stream some of the musicians latest songs. We want to stream this from spo...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • embedding
    game
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Integrate Spotify music playback with complete song in a website using premium subscription plan

Hello team, I have a website, where I did HTML embedded to play my custom playlist song on the website, unfortunately, the Music play only for 30secs in embedded HTML iframe! and then, contacting support which was limitation over the playback, But I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello team,   I have a website, where I did HTML embedded to play my custom playlist song on the website, unfortunately, the Music play only for 30secs in embedded HTML iframe! and then,&...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • question
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS SDK Session Manager sometimes puts the Spotify app into an unrecoverable state.

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 11Operating System: iOS 13 Sometimes when calling STPSessionManager.initiateSession(...) with a playURI specified in the options, the session is initiated successfully but music does not play...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 11 Operating System: iOS 13   Sometimes when calling STPSessionManager.initiateSession(...) with a playURI specif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The iOS SDK repository is no longer being maintained.

I beg any of you to take a gander at the repository issues: https://github.com/spotify/ios-sdk/issues The one dev replying to inquiries has only replied to two people in the last four months telling them they are in the wrong place. This SDK is no lo...

• Gig Goer
  • I beg any of you to take a gander at the repository issues:   https://github.com/spotify/ios-sdk/issues   The one dev replying to inquiries has only replied to two people in the last fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Possible Bug
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Spotify Developer Showcase

When is the Spotify Developer Showcase going to be updated to showcase more projects? All of the projects are pretty old and many of the links do not work anymore.

• Visitor
  • When is the Spotify Developer Showcase going to be updated to showcase more projects? All of the projects are pretty old and many of the links do not work anymore.  
  • ColeDPatton
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
    question
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Does the client credentials flow back off

Does the flow to get client credentials ever return the 'retry-after' header? The api call I'm talking about is https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/guides/authorization-guide/#client-credentials-flow .

• Does the flow to get client credentials ever return the 'retry-after' header? The api call I'm talking about is https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/guides/authorization-guide/#client-...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    question
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to implement a refresh_token-based auth-flow without server

Hey everyone, Just wondering if anyone has any advice or good practices on implementing the Authorization Code Flow with Spotify SDK... We're hoping to implement the regular client-authorization-code/server-refresh_token-to-access_token flow, except,...

• Visitor
  • Hey everyone,   Just wondering if anyone has any advice or good practices on implementing the Authorization Code Flow with Spotify SDK... We're hoping to implement the regular client-auth...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Follow me link

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hi, this is my first mail here. O troef pooling for an answer, as it seems rather basic to m...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • WouterKuyper
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • question
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Current Playback API - progress_ms: integer or string?

The web API supports getting information about the user's current playback state. The docs for this endpoint detail the "progress_ms". This property contains the "Progress into the currently playing track" and is specified to be an integer. However, ...

• The web API supports getting information about the user's current playback state. The docs for this endpoint  detail the "progress_ms". This property contains the " Progress into the currently p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes