Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• sparshmellow
  • 109 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 109 replies
  • 18 likes

please add "my playlists" tab to your library!

in "your library" there is a button "playlists", but to find exactly the ones I created, I have to constantly enter my username in the search bar

• Visitor
  • in "your library" there is a button "playlists", but to find exactly the ones I created, I have to constantly enter my username in the search bar
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • My playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

503 API Error: "upstream dependency failed: DeviceCapabilitiesClient"

I'm trying to use the web SDK (as instructed in https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/quick-start/) but am constantly running into the same error when initially connecting the player: "code": 14, "message": "upstream dependency...

• I'm trying to use the web SDK (as instructed in https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/quick-start/) but am constantly running into the same error when initially conne...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Bug
    Web SDK custom player
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Are there any params to get a track’s language ?

PlanPremiumCountryFrance My Question or IssueAs someone who speaks and listens to music in multiple languages, my playlists and recommendations are a quite a mix. I’d love build and maintain a separate app that can filter my playlists and recommendat...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country France   My Question or Issue As someone who speaks and listens to music in multiple languages, my playlists and recommendations are a quite a mix.   I’...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Insert song into running playlist without restarting it

I'm using the Web API to insert a song into the currently running playlist right after the currently playing track. So at first my playlist looks like this: Song A Song B <-- Currently playing Song C Then after my API call, it looks like this: Song A...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using the Web API to insert a song into the currently running playlist right after the currently playing track.   So at first my playlist looks like this:   Song A Song B <-- Cur...
  • forivin
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
    webapi
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Playback-bar font readability

PlanFreeCountryBelgiumOperating SystemArch Linux x86_64ApplicationWeb playerMy Question or IssueThe playback-bar font should be a monospaced font, otherwise all the time digits will move each time the current time update.I attached 2 videos showing h...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Belgium Operating System Arch Linux x86_64 Application Web player My Question or Issue The playback-bar font should be a monospaced font, otherwise all the time digits will...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ID3 Tag APIC Not Updating on Spotify Local Files

When editing tags using the mutagen library through python, the artist name and song name both update perfectly but when it comes to editing the album art tag, the change is not seen in Spotify's local files. For some reason, updating the art through...

• Casual Listener
  • When editing tags using the mutagen library through python, the artist name and song name both update perfectly but when it comes to editing the album art tag, the change is not seen in Spotify's loc...
  • shubhpatel
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Status Code 500 When Saving a Song to my Library

I have built an app that displays a users top 10 tracks, artists, and 10 most recently played songs and I would like to add a "save to library" button. However whenever I click the button I receive a 500 status code back from the API which the docs d...

• Regular
  • I have built an app that displays a users top 10 tracks, artists, and 10 most recently played songs and I would like to add a "save to library" button. However whenever I click the button I receive a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get a podcast category

Hi, I am fetching a podcast attributes from https://api.spotify.com/v1/shows/id I want to get a podcasts's category, but there is no category attribute in podcast show response. How can I do that? Cheers.

• Hi,   I am fetching a podcast attributes from https://api.spotify.com/v1/shows/id   I want to get a podcasts's category, but there is no category attribute in podcast show response. &n...
  • yeliabhcaz
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Get Artists Top Tracks - Country is required

https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/get-an-artists-top-tracks Is this supposed to be the case? The 'country' parameter is necessary for the request, yet it is not highlighted as required in the docs. I don't see...

• Visitor
  • https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/get-an-artists-top-tracks   Is this supposed to be the case? The 'country' parameter is necessary for the request, ye...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • API parameter
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Web API PKCE Authorize Not Working: INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3a EmulatorOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueI am developing a mobile app with flutter/dart that uses Spotify's Web API. I am able to authenticate users without PKCE but when I use PKCE I get the error "I...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 3a Emulator Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue I am developing a mobile app with flutter/dart that uses Spotify's Web API. I am ab...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App authorization
    flutter
    PKCE
    Spotify Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to view all devices

PlanPremiumCountryUK My Question or IssueWhen using Get Available Devices endpoint using the following command: curl -X "GET" "https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/devices" -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authori...

•   Plan Premium Country UK     My Question or Issue When using Get Available Devices endpoint using the following command:  curl -X "GET" "https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    API reference
    Device Available
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

GET /v1/me/player/queue returns only 2 songs, sometimes

When using the GET /v1/me/player/queue endpoint, inexplicably it sometimes only returns 2 items. After developing for a while eventually it starts to return the entire queue. Sometimes, it starts returning the entire queue from the start. There's no ...

• Casual Listener
  • When using the GET /v1/me/player/queue endpoint, inexplicably it sometimes only returns 2 items. After developing for a while eventually it starts to return the entire queue. Sometimes, it start...
  • derekpovah
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Past snapshot_id for shared playlist?

Some context: At the beginning of this year, I started a weekly tradition where friends and I add one song to a shared playlist that we think the group should hear. At the end of the week, I move the songs to a different playlist to archive them, and...

• Some context: At the beginning of this year, I started a weekly tradition where friends and I add one song to a shared playlist that we think the group should hear. At the end of the week, I move the...
  • fuent
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Developer
    Developer API
    Shared playlist
    shared playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Web Api] Search ISRCs with dashes and lowercases

It's very weird that Spotify doesn't standardize ISRCs - which are usually supposed to be 12 alphanumeric characters, all uppercase.It would be great if the Search API would at least return the tracks that have lowercase ISRCs or ISRCs with dashes. H...

• Music Fan
  • It's very weird that Spotify doesn't standardize ISRCs - which are usually supposed to be 12 alphanumeric characters, all uppercase. It would be great if the Search API would at least return the t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Status Code 403 from Spotify API When Requesting User's Top Tracks and Top Artists

*Update I can query the artists node by providing their ID I only get 403 when querying the /me endpoint*Working on a react application that allows a user to log in to Spotify and then displays their top 10 tracks and top 10 artists. I can login with...

• Regular
  • *Update I can query the artists node by providing their ID I only get 403 when querying the /me endpoint* Working on a react application that allows a user to log in to Spotify and then displays t...
  • yeliabhcaz
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Web API] No Search Results for ISRC

We are using the Web API to find tracks by ISRC, however some tracks are not being returned correctly. Here an example:QZHZ62065915Fetching this ISRC returns no results, though it should return the following track:78qLM2KxZajhZnkYTEV8Q5I assume it's ...

• Music Fan
  • We are using the Web API to find tracks by ISRC, however some tracks are not being returned correctly. Here an example: QZHZ62065915 Fetching this ISRC returns no results, though it should return...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Active Documentation Missing Info

My Question or IssueCurrently I am using the Web-API refrence Docs to help understand waht requests need to be made for what data. My issues is that it appears as thoguh some sections of the docs are not up to date and/or not completed. For example u...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Currently I am using the Web-API refrence Docs to help understand waht requests need to be made for what data. My issues is that it appears as thoguh some sections of the d...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • api documentation
    API Question
    documentation
    Documentation Change
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

embed skipping songs and pausing after 10 seconds

I am trying to embed a playlist into my cargo site. I copy and paste the code as instructed but every time i try to play anything, it skips over 5 songs, plays 10 seconds of the song and then stops. It looks as if someone else is controlling the keys...

• Visitor
  • I am trying to embed a playlist into my cargo site. I copy and paste the code as instructed but every time i try to play anything, it skips over 5 songs, plays 10 seconds of the song and then stops. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cargo
    embed
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I stop Spotify from playing while I’m on ft? My share play is off

Whenever I’m on FaceTime with anyone whether the app is open or not open. My Spotify automatically plays music, I turned off my share play, turned off auto play, and ended the session. I even exit the app and it still plays.. I also tried to uninstal...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I’m on FaceTime with anyone whether the app is open or not open. My Spotify automatically plays music, I turned off my share play, turned off auto play, and ended the session. I even exit t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Çalma listemle oluşturduğum klasörü nasıl paylaşabilirim

bir klasöre kendi hazırlamış olduğum 3 tane çalma listesi ekledim ve bunları toplu olarak sadece 1 klasörde paylaşmak istiyorum. Bunu nasıl yaparım?

• Visitor
  • bir klasöre kendi hazırlamış olduğum 3 tane çalma listesi ekledim ve bunları toplu olarak sadece 1 klasörde paylaşmak istiyorum. Bunu nasıl yaparım?
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes