Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Lkole
  • Regular
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes

Embedded playlist on mobile

Hi, I have a website that has embedded playlists on it. In Windows, all the browsers play full songs on my website without a problem. However, Safari browser on my mobile phone plays only 30 seconds although i'm logged in spotify web as a premium use...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have a website that has embedded playlists on it. In Windows, all the browsers play full songs on my website without a problem. However, Safari browser on my mobile phone plays only 30...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • embed
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Music snippets for my social media app project

My Question or IssueI am a product manager, and I'm working on a social media project, where users can add music to video posts. I'd appreciate some help

• My Question or Issue I am a product manager, and I'm working on a social media project, where users can add music to video posts.  I'd appreciate some help
  • jakecarting
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get to console? It's gone. Yesterday it wasn't.

I'm doing a YouTube tutorial on api's. Yesterday everything is alright, but now it is not at all. I now should get a Token in the console and learn about terminal and api's. But the console is gone. How can I continue the tutorial?

• Visitor
  • I'm doing a YouTube tutorial on api's. Yesterday everything is alright, but now it is not at all. I now should get a Token in the console and learn about terminal and api's. But the console is gone. ...
  • donsebas77
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Secure account

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • ich-bins-nochmal
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to have Spotify for artists APIs?

I have 2 needs related to the link between a Spotify User and a Spotify Artist.I want to allow my users to copy paste their profile link (i.e. open.spotify.com/user/theirId) and still be able to fetch the artist profile link associated to their accou...

• Visitor
  • ...e to get their artist link or their public tracks Will this ever be available?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Allowed to use it for on-hold music?

I've read the various Spotify terms and conditions docs, but it's not entirely clear whether our use case is permitted. We have a telehealth app, and we want a patient to be able to select songs or playlists we provide via Spotify while they're waiti...

• Visitor
  • I've read the various Spotify terms and conditions docs, but it's not entirely clear whether our use case is permitted. We have a telehealth app, and we want a patient to be able to select songs or p...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App review

Is it possbile to fasten the process of the app review? I have a school project and need users to register this asap I got 403 error as it users need to be added explicitly on my dashboard

• Is it possbile to fasten the process of the app review?  I have a school project and need users to register this asap I got 403 error as it users need to be added explicitly on my dashboard &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API request
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is using this library a no-no and will my account get banned if i use it?

Hi, I am curious about an open source library on Github called CSpot. It appears to run on multiple platforms (even the PS-Vita from a fork) But i don't see any spotify library it is using. There is a company that is currently trying to sell a produc...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am curious about an open source library on Github called CSpot.  It appears to run on multiple platforms (even the PS-Vita from a fork)  But i don't see any spotify library it is ...
  • CheezeBreeze
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Banned
    CSpot
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Improvement idea

PlanPremiumCountry (any) Device(any)Operating System(any) My Question or IssueHello!I really like your service you do.I like to hear my favorite songs. My problem is that I don't like all the songs that much. I really wish I could set how much I like...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country (any)   Device (any) Operating System (any)   My Question or Issue Hello! I really like your service you do. I like to hear my favorite songs. My proble...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Feature Improvement
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Get Recommendations Endpoint Filters Request

I have a couple of use cases that aren't currently covered by the existing props and filters you can send to the get recommendations endpoint, so I figured I'd make a requestFilter by release date: if a user wants to listen to current music that soun...

• I have a couple of use cases that aren't currently covered by the existing props and filters you can send to the get recommendations endpoint, so I figured I'd make a request Filter by release date:...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Refresh token works only once.

I have created a function that generates a refresh token with the scope "streaming". When I use it once to generate a new access token it works perfectly fine and I'm returned a dictionary with the keys: [access_token, token_type, expires_in, refesh_...

• I have created a function that generates a refresh token with the scope "streaming". When I use it once to generate a new access token it works perfectly fine and I'm returned a dictionary with the k...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Get User's Top Items(time_range = 'long_term') data is wrong

Hello! Some months ago, I started to notice that the Spotify API had the wrong artists, when fetching for the "All the Time" option. I never really confirmed it, but some days ago I asked for the "Extended streaming history" of my account to see the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   Some months ago, I started to notice that the Spotify API had the wrong artists, when fetching for the "All the Time" option. I never really confirmed it, but some days ago I asked fo...
  • Pna
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Vorschlag

Hallo ich hätte einen Vorschlag für die App, unzwar das Premium Benutzer einen animierten GIF als Profilbild verwenden können, wäre echt cool. LG

• Visitor
  • Hallo ich hätte einen Vorschlag für die App, unzwar das Premium Benutzer einen animierten GIF als Profilbild verwenden können, wäre echt cool. LG
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify embed iframe does not work properly on webpage

Hello everyone, I have issues on Spotify embed iframes on my webpage https://www.cycloergosum.com/cyclo-ergo-sum-podcast-stagione-1-2022 The play button does not produce any effect on desktop. On mobile it works. Could comeone help? Thanks

• Hello everyone, I have issues on Spotify embed iframes on my webpage   https://www.cycloergosum.com/cyclo-ergo-sum-podcast-stagione-1-2022   The play button does not produce any effec...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • embed
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists monthly listeners statistics

My QuestionHi there!I have been looking for API information to see an artist's monthly listenersI know this information can be found in a Spotify for artists profile, but I can't find a documented API to get it. Does anybody know how to do that? Mayb...

• Visitor
  • My Question Hi there! I have been looking for API information to see an artist's monthly listeners I know this information can be found in a Spotify for artists profile, but I can't find a documen...
  • EDHMix
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Monthly Listeners
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

[Developer] Artists monthly Listeners For a Given Month

On the developer api, if there was an endpoint like:'artists/{artist_id}/monthly-listeners/{year}/{month}'Where you could retrieve how many listeners an artist had that month.It would open room for so many educational analysis on what could've impact...

• On the developer api, if there was an endpoint like: 'artists/{artist_id}/monthly-listeners/{year}/{month}' Where you could retrieve how many listeners an artist had that month. It would open room...
  • EDHMix
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Monthly listeners API endpoint

PlanFreeCountryItalyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueCollecting these info in attached picture is crucial for me and it would be amazing having an API endpoint! In the last few days I read about lot of people asking for it ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Italy Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Collecting these info in attached picture is crucial for me and it would be amazing ha...
  • EDHMix
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Track amount of all-time plays endpoint for web API

Hi there I'm wondering why the amount of all-time plays for a track, has not been included as an endpoint in the web API? It has been public within the desktop and mobile apps for as long as I can remember, so why not for developers? I looked under t...

• Visitor
  • Hi there   I'm wondering why the amount of all-time plays for a track, has not been included as an endpoint in the web API? It has been public within the desktop and mobile apps for as long a...
  • EDHMix
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Suggestion

The Spotify developers should add a listening party feature in the app itself rather than needing to use discord.

• Visitor
  • The Spotify developers should add a listening party feature in the app itself rather than needing to use discord.
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PROBLEMA: se reproduce solo Muestra de Audio al insertar en mi web

Hola, soy de ArgentinaAdministro varios sitios webs, que se administran con wordpress, con la plantilla de Divi.El problema es que al intentar insertar una canción, o playlist se reproduce solo una muestra del audio.Como soluciono esto? Hay que agreg...

• Hola, soy de Argentina Administro varios sitios webs, que se administran con wordpress, con la plantilla de Divi. El problema es que al intentar insertar una canción, o playlist se reproduce solo u...
  • luisroybean
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • web
    wordpress
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes