Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• PhilTunix
  • 134 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 134 replies
  • 20 likes

Superuser Contribution Sunset of libspotify. Please reconsider.

Hello Spotify,yesterday libspotify was shutdown. I noticed that my DIY device has stopped working for my childrens devices. After some digging I came across that post: https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2022/04/12/libspotify-sunset I don't ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify, yesterday libspotify was shutdown. I noticed that my DIY device has stopped working for my childrens devices. After some digging I came across that post:   https://developer.sp...
  • deanfourie
  • Regular
  • 40 replies
  • 54 likes
  • Discussion
  • 40 replies
  • 54 likes

Search Song by BPM

Hi, I'm wondering are their any options to search a song by bpm in the api?I searched the documentation, but I didn't came up with anything.

• Visitor
  • Hi, I'm wondering are their any options to search a song by bpm in the api? I searched the documentation, but I didn't came up with anything.    
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Searh
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay short version of the song on hover -widget

PlanFree/Premium I want to make a small compnent with the spotify API that plays the sort version of the song on hover, like in discoverquickly.com . The problem is that i don't know how to make it in its best way, like it doesn't load the songs that...

• Plan Free/Premium   I want to make a small compnent with the spotify API that plays the sort version of the song on hover, like in discoverquickly.com  . The problem is that i don't know...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Quota extension for University Research Project

For my thesis (of the Master Computer Science at KU Leuven) I am working on an application (a group recommender system) using the Spotify API. For my user study I need 80 participants to use the app. This requires a quota extension. Does anyone have ...

• For my thesis (of the Master Computer Science at KU Leuven) I am working on an application (a group recommender system) using the Spotify API.   For my user study I need 80 participants to use...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How does an app like MixOnSet still have access to stream Spotify music library?

It doesn't play music via the installed Spotify app.It doesn't appear as a Web Connect player.However it is connected to my Spotify Library and is able to download Spotify music and mix it. Do they have a special partnership with Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • It doesn't play music via the installed Spotify app. It doesn't appear as a Web Connect player. However it is connected to my Spotify Library and is able to download Spotify music and mix it. &nbs...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Access to iOS/Android streaming SDKs

To the Spotify team, Looks like Spotify is cutting access to the iOS/Android mobile streaming SDKs per recent news announcement: https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2022/07/15/mobile-streaming-sdks-update/ While Spotify has been advertising ...

Zeyu_0-1658359126695.png
  • Music Fan
  • To the Spotify team,   Looks like Spotify is cutting access to the iOS/Android mobile streaming SDKs per recent news announcement:   https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2022/07...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 23 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting only 30 sec track on API Call, and also getting Premium Required message but i have trial

I am working on APIs, I have a trial account but I am getting only 30-sec tracks but want to access the full one. And also on checking I am getting message premium requiredcan anybody help!!!!

• I am working on APIs, I have a trial account but I am getting only 30-sec tracks but want to access the full one. And also on checking I am getting message premium required can anybody help!!!!
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Does web playback SDK events have rate limit?

Hi! I am wondering there is some kind of rate limit using Web Playback SDK? I can see that on every action, say pausing or seeking to a position in a song, it will send a HTTP request to cpapi.spotify.com. Will this affect my rate limit?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I am wondering there is some kind of rate limit using Web Playback SDK?     I can see that on every action, say pausing or seeking to a position in a song, it will send ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unauthorized error while creating a playlist

Hey everyone, i'm facing a couple of problems and would like to seek help.Im trying to write a bot that will edit and update my playlists based on other public playlists( add / remove songs on a dailyt basis).I am using the spotify-web-api-node packa...

• Visitor
  • Hey everyone, i'm facing a couple of problems and would like to seek help. Im trying to write a bot that will edit and update my playlists based on other public playlists( add / remove songs on a d...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Are we allowed to run the Spotify embed in an ad unit such as a banner ad? Any legal restrictions?

1. Are we allowed to run the embedded Spotify player inside an ad unit such as a banner ad?2. Are there any legal restrictions?3. Do you offer any reporting, such as tracks played, etc.?

• Casual Listener
  • 1. Are we allowed to run the embedded Spotify player inside an ad unit such as a banner ad? 2. Are there any legal restrictions? 3. Do you offer any reporting, such as tracks played, etc.? &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • embed
    embedded Player
    embedded playlist
    legal
    restrictions
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pull episodes after a certain date

Hi I am using the Search API to pull in podcasts into an app. I want to only pull podcasts from the last week, and noticed there is not a date parameter such as "Release_date". Is there anyway to only pull episodes from the last week so I am not maki...

• Regular
  • Hi I am using the Search API to pull in podcasts into an app.    I want to only pull podcasts from the last week, and noticed there is not a date parameter such as "Release_date". Is ther...
  • roul123
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Search
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Alternative billing system for Google Play

Plan FreeCountry All Device AllOperating System Android My Question or IssueHi!I want to use Spotify as alternative billing system for in-app purchases in my Android application. Do you have any documentation about this?

• Plan Free Country All   Device All Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hi! I want to use Spotify as alternative billing system for in-app purchases in my Andro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Imagine vinyl stimulation in the app

Hi developers and spotify team,Just had this amazing idea this morning when I woke up and thought... What if you put a smile (came on auto correct) I meant what if you put a simple button in the app that can switch on vinyl noise in the background so...

• Visitor
  • Hi developers and spotify team, Just had this amazing idea this morning when I woke up and thought...    What if you put a smile (came on auto correct) I meant what if you put a simple b...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Audio Features
    Detail-Oriented Developers
    Discussion
    Spotify family
    Spotify for Developers
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Criteria to not count as "Hobby Project"

Hi, when hitting the "extension request" in the dashboard there is the hint that the extension request will not be granted to "hobby projects". I'm a solo software-developer who is working on an app that is intended for commercial use, but since it d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, when hitting the "extension request" in the dashboard there is the hint that the extension request will not be granted to "hobby projects".   I'm a solo software-developer who is working o...
  • andreas-sd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Am I allowed to publish my podcast page with development mode for Spotify

I have a podcast page on my website. I have Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts on my page. Now I want to publish my website.Recently, I submitted the quota extension request. However, I got rejected. I just want to know if I am allowed to p...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a podcast page on my website. I have Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Google Podcasts on my page. Now I want to publish my website. Recently, I submitted the quota extension request. However...
  • LCI_Education
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • publishing
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Authentification problem

PlanFreeCountryBelgiumOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI'm currently in the process of making an app using the spotify web API. I followed the tutorial about how to retrieve the access token of a user but got stuck at the part where we ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Belgium Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I'm currently in the process of making an app using the spotify web API. I followed the tutorial about how to...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Resend my quota extension request email

I deleted the email with the reasons for my request being denied. I'm asking for it to be resent to me please. My app is Spotify Playlist Search Tool client id: 09741050c3a14a3e8e53ecd9b981c185 Spotify Playlist Search Tool (spotify-playlist-search-to...

• I deleted the email with the reasons for my request being denied.   I'm asking for it to be resent to me please.   My app is Spotify Playlist Search Tool  client id: 09741050...
  • ohej
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[AAOS]How to use Spotify SDK in Android Automotive App

Dear Spotify: I'm an Android developer, I'm working on an Android Automotive app.I want to integrate the Spotify SDK into my App instead of connecting to the Spotify App via Spotify-app-remote.Is there a Spotify SDK for Android Automotive can use wit...

• Dear Spotify:         I'm an Android developer, I'm working on an Android Automotive app.I want to integrate the Spotify SDK into my App instead of conne...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes