Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• liampronan
  • Casual Listener
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes

How do I create my own Spotify channel How do I run Spotify Executive my ch

Spotify also running my own channel through anchor app I want to subscribe and present this channel as spotify executive how can I do that. And the free music that is available at a premium of 45 is free music without copy right. How can I use this m...

• Visitor
  • Spotify also running my own channel through anchor app I want to subscribe and present this channel as spotify executive how can I do that. And the free music that is available at a premium of 45 is...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I wanna change cover image of playlist by API

PlanPremiumCountryJapan Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, I wanna change cover image of playlist by API of URL below.https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/upload-custom-playlist-cover But this doc...

•   Plan Premium Country Japan   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I wanna change cover image of playlist by API of URL below. https://developer.spotify.c...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Question
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get albums' URIs in an automatic way.

Good morning. I created this morning a program in python which, giving in input the URI of an album, gives me back the list of the tracks present in that album (using the Spotify API).Following I continued the program in order to download the feature...

• Visitor
  • Good morning. I created this morning a program in python which, giving in input the URI of an album, gives me back the list of the tracks present in that album (using the Spotify API). Following I c...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Album Requests
    Album Tracklist
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Get User's Saved Audiobooks always returning HTTP 403.

https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/get-users-saved-audiobooks. Using the documentation linked above, I'm trying to make an API request to get the current users saved audiobooks.However this constantly returns H...

• Casual Listener
  • ...odify,playlist-modify-private,playlist-modify-public,user-read-email,user-top-read,streaming,user-read-recently-played,user-read-private,user-library-read. Essentially every scope in the a...
  • Salvo9879
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

API Reference Correction

I think "shuffle_state" property in Get Playback State endpoint reference should be boolean rather than string.

• I think "shuffle_state" property in Get Playback State endpoint reference should be boolean rather than string.
  • aspleenic
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Timeout on Successful POST to Queue endpoint

Hello,I have had a functioning web app for over a year now that lets users post songs to their queue from browser. With no changes from my end in this period, the app is now suddenly returning a timeout error of 1000ms exceeded from the add to queue ...

• Regular
  • Hello, I have had a functioning web app for over a year now that lets users post songs to their queue from browser. With no changes from my end in this period, the app is now suddenly returning a ...
  • Icikle
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote disconnected after few seconds and appRemote(_ appRemote: didDisconnectWithError:) called.

I checked "NowPlayingView" demo provided by spotify, it is playing music in spotify and also providing control in my app to play/pause etc.but when i pause playback after few seconds Spotify is disconnecting and appRemote(_ appRemote: didDisconnectWi...

• I checked "NowPlayingView" demo provided by spotify, it is playing music in spotify and also providing control in my app to play/pause etc. but when i pause playback after few seconds Spotify is dis...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App Remote SDK
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify SVG code doesn't work, heat transfer vinyl

I cut the svg and pasted it to the leather piece, however, the code does not work.the application does not read and does not find the music

• Visitor
  • I cut the svg and pasted it to the leather piece, however, the code does not work. the application does not read and does not find the music
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Introduzione partiture in brani classici

Sarebbe opportuno introdurre (partiture originali/score) . Così da non dover uscire dall'app e avere tutto Pocket.Spotify mura al miglioramento ecco una chicca per migliorare il genere classico ( e lirico).

• Sarebbe opportuno introdurre (partiture originali/score) . Così da non dover uscire dall'app e avere tutto Pocket. Spotify mura al miglioramento ecco una chicca per migliorare il genere classico ( e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New releases swipe option

My Question or IsIssueI always listen to the new releases when they pop up, i would like to just swipe for more new releases or a specified playlist with new releases from the artists i follow!Kind regards A satisfyed spotify user

• Visitor
  • My Question or IsIssue I always listen to the new releases when they pop up, i would like to just swipe for more new releases or a specified playlist with new releases from the artists i follow! Ki...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Flutter: How to set an Instagram story like spotify In Flutter?

I want to share an Image with my app link as an Instagram story when the user clicks on that link it's should redirect to my app. from Spotify app it's possible but I'm not able to do this. from the below code I can show the only image but I need to ...

• Visitor
  • I want to share an Image with my app link as an Instagram story when the user clicks on that link it's should redirect to my app. from Spotify app it's possible but I'm not able to do this. from the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • flutter
    Instagram link missing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Quota Extension was Rejected

Hi I'm trying to create a web app using the Spotify API currently and I just finished the app and want to make it publicly available so all people can use it and that requires the quota extension. I detailed the uses for the app when submitting it an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I'm trying to create a web app using the Spotify API currently and I just finished the app and want to make it publicly available so all people can use it and that requires the quota extension. I...
  • cbassler
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find commercial App Integration Request

Hi! I have to try to find the commercial app integration form however when I attempt to go to the link provided on the support page it brings me back to the dashboard. I already have a Client ID. Thanks,Briana

• Visitor
  • Hi! I have to try to find the commercial app integration form however when I attempt to go to the link provided on the support page it brings me back to the dashboard. I already have a Client ID.&nbs...
  • pbonac
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Form
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Account password is changed when connected to Spotify account for long period.

Hey. Our app creates public playlists which are hosted on a central Spotify account (part of a workaround for the issue of apps connected to Spotify going into the background introduced by the new SDK). We are connecting to this account using the aut...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey.    Our app creates public playlists which are hosted on a central Spotify account (part of a workaround for the issue of apps connected to Spotify going into the background i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Null when getting Recently Played tracks

For some users, when we get their recently played tracks, all playlist context is NULL. However, for other users, it passes through the correct context. Here are examples: Same playlist for myself:{ track: { album: { album_type: 'single', artists: [A...

• Regular
  • For some users, when we get their recently played tracks, all playlist context is NULL. However, for other users, it passes through the correct context. Here are examples:   Same playlist for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Clarification on Spotify's developer policy for using SDAs.

I have created a workout app that generates workout routine videos and can play Spotify or Apple Music in the background while you do your workout. My app has in-app paid subscription and is for iOS only. My request for a quota extension was rejected...

• Regular
  • I have created a workout app that generates workout routine videos and can play Spotify or Apple Music in the background while you do your workout. My app has in-app paid subscription and is for iOS ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Request for functionality

I've been using Spotify for as long as I can remember and I wouldn't ever change it for another streaming service. However, for me personally, what would be a functionality that would add a lot of value is the ability, when you are listening to a tra...

• I've been using Spotify for as long as I can remember and I wouldn't ever change it for another streaming service.   However, for me personally, what would be a functionality that would add a ...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Adding Songs to Playlist
    Functionality
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My server is rejected when connecting to api server

Hi!I'm having problems with my app not wanting to contact their servers, I have a very strong suspicion that their server is rejecting the connection request from my server. my server ip: 185.243.218.26The suspicion strengthened when I tested and get...

• Hi! I'm having problems with my app not wanting to contact their servers, I have a very strong suspicion that their server is rejecting the connection request from my server. my server ip: 185.243.2...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sharedUserId to connect spotify fail UserNotAuthorizedException

形成android sdk ,测试一些页面名称相同的sha1,一个没有sharedUserId的连接spotify ok。其他有 sharedUserId connect spoftify 失败 com.spotify.android.appremote.api.error.UserNotAuthorizedException: {"message":"使用 Spotify 需要明确的用户授权。用户必须完成授权流程才能允许应用代表他们使用 Spotify"}在 com.spotify.andro...

• Casual Listener
  • 形成android sdk ,测试一些页面名称相同的sha1,一个没有sharedUserId的连接spotify ok。其他有 sharedUserId connect spoftify 失败      com.spotify.android.appremote.api.error.UserNotAuthorizedException: {"message...
  • parks1234
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • UserNotAuthorizedException
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

400 Invalid Scopes error

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSo when i click on authorize for my application to have access to my spotify account informat...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue So when...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes