Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers API CreatePlaylist error 403 Forbidden

Spotify for Developers API CreatePlaylist error 403 Forbidden

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

While building my application, I'm trying to call the CreatePlaylist endpoint, the API returns error 403 Forbidden, though the scopes are requested correctly, I double checked and re-checked scopes and Refreshable user authorization integrated correctly. Other API endpoints for retrieving user playlists and playlist songs are working fine. Please advise. Is there any other required approval step in order to enable playlists creation from the application?

{"name":"WebapiError","message":"Forbidden","statusCode":403}

5 Replies

Hey @SemShekhovtsov, help's here!

Hmm, that doesn't sound right! Let's dive right into this. Could you share what scopes you're requesting access for in your Authorization Request? Also, how do you call the API in your code? Could you double-check if your Authorization is included in your header?

Keep me posted, happy coding,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

there was my mistake, the user ID wasn't provided correctly. I've double checked and fixed that problem. Now seems to be fine.

Hey @SemShekhovtsov!

Great to hear you're back up and running. If you ever need help again with your code, feel free to give me a shout by creating a new thread on the Spotify for Developers board! 

Happy coding! 🙂

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Operating system is Linux, Debian 10 to be exact.

I am using a snap i got off of snapcraft.io called Spotify TUI, which puts spotify in your terminal. When i try to do anything, it gives a 403 error, even after i connected to my web browser, Google chrome 85 beta, just to be clear, im running ChromeOS with the crostini compatibility layer, which is based off of debian. Please help me fix it, as it uses developer settings so it plays music.

Hey @ChromebookDev! I've replied to your question over in the other topic that you created. 

Suggested posts