Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Terms Of Use - Preview URL

Terms Of Use - Preview URL

Hello, I'm planning to develop a game app, but for that I only want to use the preview audio url (30sec). For general use (full audio) I know that it is not allowed, but using only the preview one, is it allowed?

Regards,

1 Reply

Hey @oneszeros1100, help's here!

Thanks for reaching out! I've taken a look at the Spotify Developer Terms of Service and I recommend taking a look at this part:

1. Audio-specific restrictions. Streaming through the Spotify Platform shall only be made available to subscribers to the Premium Spotify Service. Please note that the (i) Widgets (ii) Audio Preview Clips or (iii) control of a background Spotify Application via the Spotify Platform, may be made available to Spotify users who do not subscribe to the Premium service to the extent such functionality is available through the Spotify Platform. You shall only make Audio Preview Clips available for streaming in the territories in which the corresponding full length track is available. Audio Preview Clips may only be used to promote the underlying musical content and not for, personalisation or messaging products podcasts or similar products.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts